Gaming Game Informer Gives Skyward Sword 10/10

Ravenest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with pork on gametrailers, they have the best video reviews I´ve seen so far. I like it because they talk about the goods and the bads of a game so I can have an better idea of what the game is like, that´s the main reason I watch their reviews so normaly I don´t care about the scores, but I´m actualy curious about the score they will give SS

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. This is probably the first Wii game where the motion controls are an integral part of the game play. How could a reviewer complain about the lack of "Press A to swing" when pressing A to swing doesn't even make sense in skyward sword? Just my 2 cents.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree. This is probably the first Wii game where the motion controls are an integral part of the game play. How could a reviewer complain about the lack of "Press A to swing" when pressing A to swing doesn't even make sense in skyward sword? Just my 2 cents.

This kind of complain will certainly appear on Gamespot :P ...if not, some equally idiot complain will be pointed.
But it depends from the reviewer..

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. This is probably the first Wii game where the motion controls are an integral part of the game play.

red-steel-2-cover.jpg

There are actually quite a few games that do rely on the motion controls/pointer controls to work.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

That is true. I looked up a much more recent, very successful title, Batman: Arkham City, and that's averaging at 95/100 based on 74 reviews. If Nintendo can stay at or above 95/100 when the masses get their hands on Skyward Sword, I will be very proud of them.
I'm not doubting skyward sword is going to be a flawless game and get above 93 on Metacritic. But a lot of reviewers are going to say wii motion sucks, because we know they're bad at video games.
Or say that the game is too hard for them.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true. I looked up a much more recent, very successful title, Batman: Arkham City, and that's averaging at 95/100 based on 74 reviews. If Nintendo can stay at or above 95/100 when the masses get their hands on Skyward Sword, I will be very proud of them.
I'm not doubting skyward sword is going to be a flawless game and get above 93 on Metacritic. But a lot of reviewers are going to say wii motion sucks, because we know they're bad at video games.
Or say that the game is too hard for them.
Hah, yeah. That was the case with Dark Souls. The game got outstanding reviews by a lot of people, but some people gave the game some unfair low scores because of how difficult the game was, regardless of how polished and well designed the game actually was.

Back to Zelda, though. If anyone has stumbled upon rumors about the ending of Skyward Sword (like myself), I got some info for ya:

Off topic: OMG, p1ngpong called me "brah"!!!! I'm never going to wash my index finger again.

nexusbetween

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And there goes the other thread...
I'm excited for this game to come out. I'm going to run it on my computer on dolphin... it's going to look killer!
Maybe if some of these graphic whore sites played it like that they'd like Wii better lol

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So based on @RichIGN's tweets, I'm thinking IGN will give this game a high score - possibly even a perfect 10. He seems to really like the game... hasn't really said a single bad thing about it

misticknight

Trophies
XP
Country
i hope they do if only for the casuals who cares about IGNs score (and to fight back the annoying trolls who seem to focus on IGN/GS scores too) but other than that i dont realy care for their opinion, or anyone elses, its Zelda im sure ill love it :)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
I only use reviews for reference when checking out new games. The score doesnt really matter for me, Im more interested in the specific flaws.
As already stated some reviewers like to bash a game's score for the most silly things...

Anywayz, GIEF LEAK OR 18TH ALREADY! QQ

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are all the current reviews (thanks to Zelda Dungeon).

Edge Magazine: 10/10
Game Informer: 10/10
Official Nintendo Magazine: 9.8/10
4news.it: 9.7/10
Gamepro Germany: 9.3/10
Games TM: 9/10

Average: 96.3

OMFG I NEED THIS GAME NOW

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are all the current reviews (thanks to Zelda Dungeon).

Edge Magazine: 10/10
Game Informer: 10/10
Official Nintendo Magazine: 9.8/10
4news.it: 9.7/10
Gamepro Germany: 9.3/10
Games TM: 9/10

Average: 96.3

OMFG I NEED THIS GAME NOW
D'aww! It dropped 2 points! All my raaaage!

In other news, we have 3 new gameplay videos and some new info here.

As you can see in the 3rd clip, the player has 905 rupees, which debunks the rumor that the max number of rupees the player can hold is 900.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does! I'm surprised, to be honest.

And now we know that we can catch not only bugs, but also birds with the Bug Catching Net. It makes one think what else we could possibly catch with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads