OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just bought a Game Cube controller and memory card
rolleyes.gif
, and now I'm trying to download my first game for it: Tales of Symphonia.

But I ran into 2 problems.
dry.gif

1 - I have a terrible modchip I barely use, since now I use Gamma Loader, but I can't remove it. I don't even know which one it is. I guess it's the first model of Wiinja or something like that...
So I went on Google looking for the Game Cube Launcher, and found out it doesn't work when the console has a modchip.
sad.gif

What program should I use instead? And will this other program work with the second problem down there?

2 - Tales of Symphonia is divided into 2 discs. Can't I merge them into 1? Come on, spending 2 DVDs?
glare.gif

So... I'd be thankful if anyone could help me out with that.
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need to use the Gamecube Back-up Loader.

http://sharebee.com/fdba921d

You can merge two discs on to one (or more depending on size) with the GCOS MultiGame Creator V4F but it varies with games. There is a compaitiblity chart that should tell you if you can.

Litrydow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, people. Thanks. It worked. Completing the story, here's what happened:

Multigame ISO Creator didn't work for unknown reason. I just got a generic error. But then GCOS MultiGame Creator V4F worked fine.

So I installed cMIOS v8 through a WAD, which worked fine. Then I tried running the game on GC Backup Loader... and got a strange error. Then I went to the Disc Channel and but it worked there. Maybe my modchip did it? I don't know.

Anyways, thank you all.
laugh.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I'll hijack your thread, but it's related to my problem
tongue.gif

I tried with the same game, I put the 2 iso on 1 DVD -> iso created OK
Installed cMIOS from gamecube backup launcher 0.2
runs GC B Launcher 0.2, but instead of the multi-game list I get this error, and the game runs normally (because I have a modchip)
Code:
failed to read DVD 263
error 53100 ready
sometime, instead of "ready", I got "2062800 disc Change", or "disc ID not Ready". (edit : I just got an exception dump with legit zelda master quest)

Does Symphonia need to swap the discs in-game, or does it have a "save at the end of disc1, insert disc2 and reload the save" ?

I have a modchip, but running the main GCOS multi game menu doesn't allow me to swap multi-disc games on a multi-iso disc. So I'm trying to use GC launcher, as you can select disc 2 with Z before running disc 1, then eject/reinsert to swap the disc in-game.

I have a Wiikey1, 1.9s, with GC audiofix ON
I'm on 3.2E, no CIOSCORP, no prelaoder
IOS249 rev14 (tested on rev17 too)

I tried with cMIOS4,5 and 8, with and without disc channel mod.

with the cMIOS installed : the GBL screen jump (as if switching video mode), then I get the error instead of the game list, then the GBL seems to hang and quit, but the GCOS main.dol is launched because I have a modchip (I think)
If I don't use a cMIOS, I don't have the error printed on screen nor does it try to load the game list, but the launcher seems to hang and quit, but as I have a modchip the disc boot GCOS main.dol

I tested every discs I have (copied or legit), all of them give me the same error code. (some legit game doesn't work at all, like zelda master quest : it boots and display "an error has occurred, please switch off etc.")

I reported my error on the GC b Launcher thread already, but never got an answer.
Do you know what's the problem ?
could it be the wiikey ?

I'm thinking it can be the Wiikey because :
GBL + legit game -> run main.dol
GBL + multiiso disc -> show game selection
GBL + multiiso disc + Wiikey -> Wiikey let GBL think the game is legit, so it runs the main.dol instead of showing the menu ?

I run the wiikey config disc, but there is no "disable GC disc", nor "disable Wiikey" mode

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
@cyan: dunno for Tales of Synphonia, but for me it was tricky to run "Metal Gear Solid" (another 2 DVD NGC game) from my softmoded Wii.
Using cMIOSrev3 (Waninkoko) and latest wiigators GC launcher, using "B" button it works, all the others cMIOS/loader/"hooks" combinations didn't work for me (don't remember if it was PAL, but it was probably NTSC coz it seems they are more "difficult" to run.

EDIT : my post maybe doesn't makes sens but I was trying to tell is: use 2 DVD, it's cheap (and we don't have anymore to burn wii games) and 2 DVD games always says: please insert DVD2, so you'll have to "swap" anyway

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, I know I'll still have to swap.
The 2 different discs is the option I'm currently using,
but I would like to have a working GC backup Launcher too (there no explanation why it's currently not working, I want to understand why (for me first, and for helping other people later)).$

Edit : I'll try cMIOSv3 then.

Edit :
installed cMIOS rev3 (from Waninkoko) + Wiigator GCBlauncher 0.2 : Same "error 53100 ready", booting GCOS main.dol menu.
I can't "push B" because there's no menu at all. the launcher is reporting an error, and hang (but as I'm having a modchip the game still run)

Installed cIOS249 rev17 : same (as I thought, only MIOS is used by the launcher)

edit 2 :
in fact, as my wii has sometime problems reading the disc (lens cleaning needed ?) and I can only eject and reinsert, if I do it would hang because it will think I swapped the discs
But that's only my own problem. I Still want to understand what is the 53100 error, so I can help other users when they encounter it. (I already read other member has this same error)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yucky times. :sad: