Hacking Game card can not be read SX OS

1221cya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I've got Super Mario Odessy BBB running fine on my switch using SX OS. I've also got MK8 BBB and Zelda BBB but they don't work. Both say game card can't be read.

One thing to note is when I extracted Odessy it went from aaaca.rar to aaaca.xci whereas MK8 went from aabpap.rar to aabpa.xci and same with zelda. Is that apart of my problem?
I could download them from another source but I'm using slow hostel WiFi overseas.

Cheers

roden

Trophies
XP
Country
FW Version?.
SXOS Version?.
SD Card format?.
Are you sure the extension is correct?. And that it fully copied over?
Checked card for errors?

rar is the compressed format, .xci is the extracted rom, sounds like you need to do some research

Last edited by roden,

1221cya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
FW Version?.
SXOS Version?.
SD Card format?.
Are you sure the extension is correct?. And that it fully copied over?
Checked card for errors?

rar is the compressed format, .xci is the extracted rom, sounds like you need to do some research

Switch fw 5.1.0
Sx os 1.2
Sd card format is whatever it is when you format it through the switch os.
Extentions are correct.
Haven't check sd for errors.

And I know rar is compressed and xci is the game format. What I was saying was after uncompressing the rars of MK8 and zelda it dropped the p at the end of the file name. Whereas super Mario odessy didn't have a p at the end of the file name.
Does that make more sense??

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switch fw 5.1.0
Sx os 1.2
Sd card format is whatever it is when you format it through the switch os.
Extentions are correct.
Haven't check sd for errors.

And I know rar is compressed and xci is the game format. What I was saying was after uncompressing the rars of MK8 and zelda it dropped the p at the end of the file name. Whereas super Mario odessy didn't have a p at the end of the file name.
Does that make more sense??
So the xci has a different name? Of course it will. It's a different game.

Robman2122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
file name on the .xci files does not matter. I've renamed all of mine thus far and no problems. Sounds like you got a bad/corrupted rip or possibly a bad sd card, as I've had no problem playing any of those games so far.

1221cya

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
ensure formatted as exfat, name of files does not appear to matter as I got various ones from various sources, no issues so far
I'm reformatting to exfat and recopying the backups over as we speak.

So the xci has a different name? Of course it will. It's a different game.
Re-read what I've said. I'm saying after unzipping MK8 and Zelda both file names go from bbb-h-123456 (insert actual file name) to bbb-h-12345 it drops the last letter without me doing anything. I was just wondering if that had something to do with it..
Okay but why not buy Zelda and Mario Odyssey? Mario Kart I get because its technically a port but like why not buy MO at least?

Living abroad looking for a job, bored and running out of money, simple.

stewacide

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had an issue where games would show this error if I transferred XCIs to the SD concurrently (instead of consecutively). Not sure if it's a bug of my SD card / reader / OSX, but copying files over one at a time to the SD fixed it. This is using FAT32.

Last edited by stewacide,

urdaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think most of the times it is SD card related thing. I played the new Naruto Shippuuden game yesterday (cart 2) and then was trying to delete some files using nx-shell. after that, sx os and ofw would not play any kart or backups (sx os) saying there is an error with software.
had to take out the sd card and put it back in to get it sorted.
Sandisk 400 UHS1 sicrosd card

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i think most of the times it is SD card related thing. I played the new Naruto Shippuuden game yesterday (cart 2) and then was trying to delete some files using nx-shell. after that, sx os and ofw would not play any kart or backups (sx os) saying there is an error with software.
had to take out the sd card and put it back in to get it sorted.
Sandisk 400 UHS1 sicrosd card
but the more I think about it- it had allso stopped me from reading my own catidges. maybe playing cart2 games (and not quitting them before switching) causes this problem?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it eventually fixed itself when zelda required a software update and i let it do it.

fragged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it was Fat32 formatted you would need to split the games to be under the 4GB file size limit. But Super Mario Odyssey is well over 4GB. Maybe you have a fake card? The first data you put on it works, say you bought a 128GB card but they fake a 16GB card to trick the system/computer to have it read as 128GB, anything written after the true 16GB capacity is filled it will start overwriting the the data on the begining of the card corrupting the whole thing. Best way to check a fake card are the tools listed here: https://www.raymond.cc/blog/test-an...b-flash-drives-bought-from-ebay-with-h2testw/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: colonel, I'm trying to sneak around +1