GCN Game Boy Player Start-Up Disc Burning Issue

byart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I just got the Game Boy Player for Gamecube, the base hardware only without the disc, also have a modchip integrated Gamecube so figured I could burn the disc myself. But all of my attempts ended with failure. Tried several .iso files of the disc from different sources (NTSC files only, for the 480p support), all I get is errors when I try to burn it via an image burner software (used Alcohol 120% and ImgBurn). To sum up, I can't even burn the disc yet.

Don't know what the problem is exactly. Found some wiped image files, fixed them with Wiped GCM Fixer v1.5f, the fixed .iso files won't work, burning process gives error at the beginning. Found a few full sized files (1.35 GB), again the same deal, gives error, can't advance with the burning. ImgBurn shows the file info after you employ it to the program, it says "game boy player startup disc", so the files are not messed up I think, they get identified but as I'm saying, no luck with burning.

It's not even about the disc yet since I couldn't get to the part I boot it via a Gamecube but I still should infom about the type, just in case. I use TDK brand mini dvd-r discs (1.4 sized ones), which worked fine with a gamecube game .iso, played a game and such.

In conclusion, if anyone has any kind of information regarding the situation, please let me know. Anyone who went through the process of burning a start-up disc for the device, I'd appreciate a lot if you could contribute, cuz I feel like I'm reaching to a dead end. Let me know if I should be using a different disc size or a method of patching .iso files or something like that, I don't know, whatever there is. Also any links to confirmed files, like ones you tried out and worked for you, would be just great.

Thanks in advance.

byart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The disc drive burns anything but the start up disc, I've been using it for a long time, burnt all kinds of discs, mini, regular etc... it has no problem. I believe there's some point with burning it that I'm aware of, so the files can't get to be burned...

byart

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the interest, really. After wasting a few discs, I put another one, tried it out with the speed x4 with a ful sized .iso, it worked. The disc is burned, Gamecube runs it... and I'm pretty sure that I did the same process with one of the wasted ones (before they were wasted I mean) and the program gave an error that time. I don't know what the hell happened exactly, eventhough I kept track of the attempts and the differences between them, it just doesn't add up on my side. Well, anyway, happy ending, I can play Game Boy games on tv now (cost me 6 discs in total though X).

Thanks again for the replies. I don't know if it would help anyone out but as the info for future necessities of similar people, I used Alcohol 120% and TDK mini dvd-r disc, burned it in x4 speed and used this .iso file --> *snip* ...Just for those who might need.

BoFoSho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of the GB player rips are terrible.
Gamecube Rips in general can be iffy.
It is alway good to check comments before downloading a rip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that