Hardware Game Boy Player/GC Hardware Query

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only ever use my GC to play Game Boy games on the telly as I use my Wii for any GC game-play and I can just leave my GBP boot disc in the 'Cube permanently without faffing around.

The only problem is the 'Cube is fairly noisy. I know it's not XBox 360 noisy but certainly noisy enough to irritate my partner when she's trying to get to sleep!

Do you guys think it would be really bad to disconnect the fans of the Gamecube so that it would be silent? My gut tells me that it would probably be okay as the CPU, GPU and RAM aren't doing anything so therefore not generating heat. Am I right in thinking that while using the GBP the 'Cube is essentially just a pass through device for powering the GBP and outputting it's video signal?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working hard or hardly working, they're not going to be completely off, and while I don't know about GC, I know some CPU's can fry just from being turned on without cooling, just don't risk it (unless you have a spare GC or want to buy a new one).

NickRay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest just taking it apart and modding a better, more quiet fan to it. May not be pretty but it'll still work.

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies. Oh well, not what I was hoping to hear. :(

I think I'll look into quieter fans though. That might be something to do. I mean, my 'Cube is from the midnight launch so the fans are bound to be a little worn and dirty by now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh