Hardware Game Boy Micro replacement speakers?

Proxy-Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
I've recently been trying to hunt down a Game Boy Micro, the cheapest one I could find + shipping had malfunctioning L and R buttons as well as a broken speaker.
I've already ordered a couple of new shoulder buttons from here http://www.dx.com/p/repair-parts-replacement-l-r-buttons-switches-for-sp-nds-pair-45106#.VIoCSjGsWao, and I guess that afterwards it's a matter of soldering these 2 in.
But so far, I can't find anything regarding a replacement speaker. I've checked the unit and the speaker is completely busted, so it's not a matter of loose connection or something like that.

I've seen this: http://www.dx.com/p/008-c-11-inner-...o-ds-lite-ndsl-black-pair-275205#.VIoDJDGsWao, those are DSLite replacement speakers, but seeing as the Micro and the DS Lite share a lot of the buttons/etc., I'd assume that it would work, but I'm not so sure.

I've also seen this: http://www.dx.com/p/repair-parts-re...er-set-for-ndsi-dsi-2-pack-32881#.VIoDDTGsWao, those are DSi speakers, which i've heard are louder.

Anybody have any exprience in this stuff? I really want to fix the GB Micro up. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I'd also like some help in replacing the shoulder buttons.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
bxjN26VHQYxRUi4P

The speakers listed doesn't look the same as the ones in the DSL / DSi. The only way your going to get parts for your micro is to buy broken micros and salvaging parts from those.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two Micros, one perfect, one with a broken speaker (I should check it, because I think it's just a loose/broken wire). If it's more than a wire, I'd be interested in knowing how to replace it.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hrm. Most of the time that micro only has sound in the headphone jack, but once in a while the speaker works, hence the wire theory..

You won't find any wires in a GBM except for the flat flex-cable connecting the D-pad board with the "motherboard" and the wire to the battery.

Ads_gbm

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys. Any info on the speakers? Got a faulty GBM and would like to know if I could replace the speaker with a DS one. Thanks!

allann1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone got anything for the gameboy micro speaker? I got one and the speaker sounds like it's been punctured

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock