G6DS Real Information overload!

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
They state that the G6DS Real will not patch ROMs on the fly, and instead is a 100% true clean ROM supporting device, which hopefully means it replicates a true 1:1 match against a real DS game cart.
But how can they add soft reset then?
B.

True
unsure.gif
how the hell can they do some of the stuff without patching.
They can't. I'm highly, highly tempted to call BS on the no-patching claim. The manufacturers already tried making this claim once when Slot-1 devices were initially introduced, only for it to become obvious they were patching on the fly. I'm sure Openchip will have a few words(or more) of his own, but it's impossible to run a NDS game off of NAND flash without patching, NAND is just too damn slow compared to what the slot-1 spec calls for.

ShoFly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the silly question, but this slot 1 will play NDS and GBA backups correct? So no need for any combo flash cards?
If so I'll just sell my never used 3 in 1 I was going to use with my R4.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too bad it has no Gameshark support, like the R4 recently has.

http://news.gbatemp.net/g6dsmenu.jpg Look at those pictures (except for the left top one), it does support gameshark cheats...

Sorry for the silly question, but this slot 1 will play NDS and GBA backups correct? So no need for any combo flash cards?
If so I'll just sell my never used 3 in 1 I was going to use with my R4.
No, it doesn't support GBA, still need a Slot2 cart for that...

APPS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No mention of a slot two enhancement a la EZV???

Damn that makes this tricky...

Also Shofly, i might be mistaken but i almost certain that the EZV 3in1 expansion doesnt work with anything other than the EZV...

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally I with for download play to work properly, but anyone who doesn't care about that is better off with an R4. I don't think there's any way this thing's gonna be cheaper than an r4 with 2 gb micro sd card.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Holy shit you're getting your samples soon O_O?
The G6 team have let me know that (my) samples should be sent out next week and that the product should be released next month. as for the touchpod, go turn on your G6 flash kits shaun
wink.gif
. The G6 lite unit I have also has a firmware called touchpod (though I don't think it will be identical of course).

knocturnal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While I would like perfect download play (especially with Clubhouse games), I'll stick with my m3 simply and x-rom (the most under appreciated flash card for the gba out there)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Next month?!?!?!

Your breaking my balls man!
Damn G6 Team!

And i hope that loader can display files without icons cuz i wanna see more than for files at once!!!

Gangsta_L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Woop! That looks very good! I never planned to buy another flash card, but if this is gonna make true what they're saying, I just might buy it
smile.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm happy with my R4. This would have been great if it had come out at the same time as the other slot 1 cars. Its a little too late in the day now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0