Homebrew FTPii on Wiiload...

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use FTPii using Wiiload cause I don't have a SD slot on my computer or a reader. I got it to load but I can't access the SD using FileZilla which works with no bugs. It says that I don't need a password or username so I just type the IP in and the port number and I get an error saying I can't connect. I also pass an argument using Wiiload but I still can't connect. Can someone help me out here?

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know if it's any help to you but I couldn't get it to work on mine until I specified anonymous login in my client (FireFTP via Firefox)

stefer

Trophies
Website
stefer.weebly.com
XP
Country
Canada
Raiyu245 said:
I use FTPii using Wiiload cause I don't have a SD slot on my computer or a reader. I got it to load but I can't access the SD using FileZilla which works with no bugs. It says that I don't need a password or username so I just type the IP in and the port number and I get an error saying I can't connect. I also pass an argument using Wiiload but I still can't connect. Can someone help me out here?
You should be able to use FileZilla without a problem. Make sure you have the right IP. Your PC and Wii are on the same network?
I wouldn't use Filezilla. It kept making FTPii crash for me...

I use Windows Explorer (in XP that is...)
I just go in "My computer", and in the address i type : ftp://my wii's ip

Don't do it in IE, the ftp client is not the same.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stefer said:
Raiyu245 said:
You should be able to use FileZilla without a problem. Make sure you have the right IP. Your PC and Wii are on the same network?
I wouldn't use Filezilla. It kept making FTPii crash for me...

I use Windows Explorer (in XP that is...)
I just go in "My computer", and in the address i type : ftp://my wii's ip

Don't do it in IE, the ftp client is not the same.
I set it up right but its the fact of logging into it. It says I can use any user/pass for now but I still can't login.

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SO I havnt tried the whole send to wii thing, Im using straight ftpii and I set up a network location usign the ip address of the wii under my network places in windows xp. easiest network component I have ever set up in my life hands down.

Only thing, why is it so slow? At least with >usb transfers the file transfer is slow as hell, 260mb takes 1h:17m! is there anything I can do about this?

thanks in advance.

Foppzter

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've used ftpii and filezilla a lot.
Start up ftpii and see what IP and port it says it's using.
Start Filezilla and insert it in a quick connection. write nothing in the username/password and connect.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WOW didn't know how to do this before, now I don't have to take my SD from the Wii ever again...!!! thanks for this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1