Homebrew Question FTP and sx installer

TheFIrstAv3nger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant seem for the life of me to serve files via ftp to sx installer. I'm using filezilla server, made a user and shared the folder with my files. Filezilla shows 127.0.0.1 as the host (port 21) but I also tried my local assigned ip address but either one just throws a network error. Anyone that had any success wanna share their setup or what I might be doing wrong?

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Cant seem for the life of me to serve files via ftp to sx installer. I'm using filezilla server, made a user and shared the folder with my files. Filezilla shows 127.0.0.1 as the host (port 21) but I also tried my local assigned ip address but either one just throws a network error. Anyone that had any success wanna share their setup or what I might be doing wrong?
Use the command “ipconfig /all” to find you computer ip in windows CMD. Then enter that IP as your host in SX OS, Port will be 21, Path leave it blank, use your username and password that you setup in Filezilla for the user. That worked for me.

I also started a thread about this a couple days ago:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/help-se...-installer-to-install-nsp-from-pc-hdd.526642/

Last edited by Wiiunator,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#1 error on windows, is windows firewall blocking the ftp connection by default. Disable or configure the firewall.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I actually got a http server going instead. Plan on hosting updates for people.

a nut server is also easy:

1) download nut
2) copy conf/nut.default.conf -> conf/nut.conf
3) edit nut.conf's scan path to point to the root directory containing all of your NSP's
4) run "pip3 install colorama pyopenssl requests tqdm unidecode image bs4 urllib3 flask"
5) nut.py -s --server

TheFIrstAv3nger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a nut server is also easy:

1) download nut
2) copy conf/nut.default.conf -> conf/nut.conf
3) edit nut.conf's scan path to point to the root directory containing all of your NSP's
4) run "pip3 install colorama pyopenssl requests tqdm unidecode image bs4 urllib3 flask"
5) nut.py -s --server

Can you run a nut server on windows? And thanks for the steps and also the program.

antipickle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded Xlight portable (no install, just an exe ftp server)
It's small and works well

The server IP on your PC has to be your PC IP given through the router (ex: 192.168.1.9)
go to global options, you can have it set up auto port forwarding through your router if you don't know how to do that

the FTP address on SX should be your external IP. . . search what's my ip on a web browser

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol