Hacking Friend of mine just got a euro New 3DS with FW 9.0.0...

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
... as a present. He rarely plays at all, but he was asking me, what's possible with this system.

Because i own a Gateway and a save-modified OoT retail cart, I was playing around with his system a little. Backupped his NAND, created an EmuNAND, launched my Gateway cart on it.

He said, Gateway is too complicated to launch, Sky3DS too expensive. So, i was asking myself: Is it possible to install homebrew, emulators or games to his system, that he can use/launch without a Gatway card or Sky3DS?

Can he benefit from anything the 3DS hacking/homebrew/piracy scene has to offer, without owning a Flashcart?

Kenneth196

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... as a present. He rarely plays at all, but he was asking me, what's possible with this system.

Because i own a Gateway and a save-modified OoT retail cart, I was playing around with his system a little. Backupped his NAND, created an EmuNAND, launched my Gateway cart on it.

He said, Gateway is too complicated to launch, Sky3DS too expensive. So, i was asking myself: Is it possible to install homebrew, emulators or games to his system, that he can use/launch without a Gatway card or Sky3DS?

Can he benefit from anything the 3DS hacking/homebrew/piracy scene has to offer, without owning a Flashcart?

Tell him to suck it up and get a GW :P

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

It's not really that complicated, sure it takes a few seconds, but it's very straightforward, just spam A :P

Reactions: GaaraPrime

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I showed my buddy what was possible with GW and he went out and got a 9.2 system that day. He has no technical background and it did take a little bit to show him how to work it - And the huge talk of never update ever on sysNAND. But he and his wife both have been enjoying it ever since. Plus, CN will cost half the amount of a GW card, and he can never update just for homebrew? Not worth it imo. Either get GW for emuNAND/udpates or just update and get a Sky card if he wants to do anything like that.

Edit: Forgot about KARL, but who knows when they will release.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't going to be a solution that is less complicated than running one of the GW exploits. Some people are just like that. Sounds like he doesn't really like games why bother with it?

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get a Sky3ds. PeachDS has them for $80. They take like 3~5 days shipping. $80! That's the price of 2 new 3DS games. So for the price of 2 games, you can have an infinite amount. Saying it's too expensive is crazy when you think of the amount normal people pay for retail cartridges.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Bonny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, thanks for all the answers.

I was hoping, it may be possible to install blargsnes or 3DS/eshop games to the sysnand, so he can just turn on the system and start them via tapping the icon. But looks like, this isn't possible (right now). :blink:

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you own a gateway then he can use your cart to enter gateway mode. Install his games as cia files. he can't turn off his 3ds since it will leave gateway mode.

This is what me and my cousin do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30