Gaming Free Games thread

• Thread starter ThoD
  • Start date
  • Views 319,316
  • Replies 2,509
  • Likes 17

Want me to post about just free games or about giveaway contests too?

• Total voters

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought about this, but there's really not a reason to bring it back, because in those old days there were ways to load games on everything, so you could post any game releasing. Nowadays, it'd just be tantamount to announcing PC game cracks and the rare 3DS game, or you could announce all the games, but it'd be like a release calander. I'd like to see it come back, but I can't see it being useful, I guess?
I understand, thank you for giving me a reason why it was taken away.

Reactions: Chary

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This time we got a fair few games (but many are just re-giveaways)!

A Starter Pack DLC for Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms is currently available on Indiegala. Base game is free to play and has decently good reviews, so this could be incentive to get into it and see if you like it.
https://www.indiegala.com/stayingal...giv_menu_item&utm_campaign=giveaway_menu_item

Also, 7 games are available DRM-free on Humble Trove for about half a month. The game available are Crescent Bay, 2000 to 1 A Space Felony, THOR.N, Uurnog, HitchHiker (all of which were available last month too) and Quiet City and Keyboard Sports (haven't been available before).
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Reactions: freestile

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's unusual, but the offer appears to be region based for this time, because some countries (e.g. USA and Russia) have got "Dead in Bermuda" game instead. :unsure:
Don't know what's wrong, for me it shows up correctly, but oh well, free game nonetheless:P Also, in US it shows MoH, as I saw it through a US feed I got...

redunka

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Don't know what's wrong, for me it shows up correctly, but oh well, free game nonetheless:P Also, in US it shows MoH, as I saw it through a US feed I got...
Well, this article also says it's supposed to be Dead in Bermuda, maybe it was going to be MoH originally and it got changed later, I dunno.
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/next-free-pc-game-available-now-from-origin/1100-6457448/
For now it's confirmed that MoH indeed does show up for Romania and Netherlands, while USA, UK, Russia and Singapore all have DiB.
It looks like those countries that have MoH for free do not even have DiB available for purchase at all.
One can check if DiB is available for their region using this link from the article:
https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store/dead-in-bermuda/dead-in-bermuda/standard-edition
Sure, free game is free game, but this region lock stuff is bullshit, imo. :P

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I got some great free game thanks to amazon prime, in particular Shadow tactics, which is AWESOME, it's a RST is you play with mouse but it can also be an ACTION game is you use xbox' controller!
The giveaway ends 31 of March, you guys should get them ASAP

Paccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got some great free game thanks to amazon prime, in particular Shadow tactics, which is AWESOME, it's a RST is you play with mouse but it can also be an ACTION game is you use xbox' controller!

This is for the twitch games, you claim them for free (just need to use the twitch client to lauch them)
Amazon prime is not free, neither is twitch prime - but you can get a trial for either for about two week,
and just cancel it immediately, amazon adds lots of confusion to keep your credit card linked but in the end they'll honor your free period even if you cancel.

So my tips is to make sure that your trial period spans over into april so you can get two batches of games.
There are five games each month (similar to games-with-gold, psn) and is worth it just for SuperHot.
Also you can claim Devil may cry HD which seems to be the last free game from their earlier game offerings.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is for the twitch games, you claim them for free (just need to use the twitch client to lauch them)
Amazon prime is not free, neither is twitch prime - but you can get a trial for either for about two week,
and just cancel it immediately, amazon adds lots of confusion to keep your credit card linked but in the end they'll honor your free period even if you cancel.

So my tips is to make sure that your trial period spans over into april so you can get two batches of games.
There are five games each month (similar to games-with-gold, psn) and is worth it just for SuperHot.
Also you can claim Devil may cry HD which seems to be the last free game from their earlier game offerings.
MAN, AMAZON PRIME alone is worth just for subscription, the costs of amazon prime change depending the country where u live, here in italy it just costs 19,99 euro per year! and SERVICES INCLUDE also primevideo, twitch prime and free fast delivery for all items, less than 20 buck per year is almost FREE :P

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Those aren't free, if you are required to have a paid subscription, then it's not free.

MAN, AMAZON PRIME alone is worth just for subscription, the costs of amazon prime change depending the country where u live, here in italy it just costs 19,99 euro per year! and SERVICES INCLUDE also primevideo, twitch prime and free fast delivery for all items, less than 20 buck per year is almost FREE :P
Actually, it's not worth it at all if you don't order stuff all the time, Prime Video is terrible and Twitch Prime isn't worth bothering with, as the only useful feature you want is the ability to watch and you can do that without even having an account...

I agree with this suggestion if you want the games and you could even do something scummy like making a new account just to get trial again:P

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Those aren't free, if you are required to have a paid subscription, then it's not free.

Actually, it's not worth it at all if you don't order stuff all the time, Prime Video is terrible and Twitch Prime isn't worth bothering with, as the only useful feature you want is the ability to watch and you can do that without even having an account...

I agree with this suggestion if you want the games and you could even do something scummy like making a new account just to get trial again:P
u guys are really shameless, probably ur mom still loves you, probably... the service is not worth huh? well u want more then pay more, very logic.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
u guys are really shameless, probably ur mom still loves you, probably... the service is not worth huh? well u want more then pay more, very logic.
I NEVER order from Amazon, I got better choices than Prime Video and can get games I want dirty cheap, so it's not worth it.

Reactions: nryn99

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I NEVER order from Amazon, I got better choices than Prime Video and can get games I want dirty cheap, so it's not worth it.
Depends on what you're looking for when it comes to Amazon. Same with any site. It sometimes has better prices than other listing sites.

ThoD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
damn you guys, i was expecting a new free thing :C either a gog or humble bundle free game :C
for a long time they had not been giving free stuff :C
I know what you mean, it's been a month since the last decent game and now we only got games for DRMs nobody uses... Wish they'd have something better...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy