LordMelkor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBAtemp!

After navigating through various topic I realized that it would be REALLY useful if you guys allowed for searching of specific threads. There are numerous threads throughout the forums that have 100+ pages, and it is nearly possible to find what you are looking for.

In short:

Suggestion: Option to search within a thread.

Thanks!

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I miss the search function so bad it hurts. I'd give me left testicle just to have it back
cry.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will probably get bitch slapped by Costello (and rightly so) but hit options (top right of the screen under new topic and whatnot) and then print topic (you could use download as well).
Condenses the entire topic down into one page which you can then page search with your browser (I would suggest you kill pictures and whatever else to bring it as close to text as you can).
Just tried it out on the temper pics topic (nearly 1000 replies) and despite it almost killing my machine (slow laptop with 256 ram and my usual 10 apps and 50 tabs compliment already there) it loaded up.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
WeaponXxX said:
Were talking about being able to search ALL the threads for a particular word.
You might be, but I'm pretty sure this answers the original poster's question
biggrin.gif
(Re-read the first post, noting "searching of specific threads", over 100 replies and "option to search within a thread")

About searching all threads, Google isn't much use (too fuzzy on the answers) but the subforum search works okay (the search box at the bottom of the topic list) if you know which section your thread's likely to be in. I do miss filtering by user though, sometimes you know who said it but damned if you can remember where
smile.gif

Edit: having said that... I've just pressed the wrong button and found an internal search engine completely by accident
biggrin.gif
Take a look in "My Assitant" (next to "view new posts" on the top bar), there's a search engine in there. It doesn't let you limit the timeframe or anything fancy but it will do the job.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt