Watermelon!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.iinet.net.au
XP
Country
Although most (nearly all) of the sig pictures people use here, although nice, are WAY to big. A simple topic of 8 or so posts can become a slow downloading waste of time.

What i recommend - Kivan i recommend that you limit the sig size. The norm is about 200x50 pixels although maybe thats too small for you guys.

[example]

RadioDog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
connect.to
XP
Country
I find a lot of these sig pics are really disgusting and add significantly to page loading times. I vote for a standard size, like 200x50px or maybe 460x60 like a typical banner ad.

mole_incarnate is right, you're only as fast as your slowest user...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
nah i don't want a standard sig size, just leave it how it is, it doesn't take that long to load! unless your really impatient. Hey D2 your sig and avitar isn't working, i suggest you get it hosted at www.netfirms.com

Dranzer

Rom-Source Admin/Rep
Trophies
Website
www.Rom-Source.com
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing wrong with the current sizes of the sigs or avatars. Its not our fault that you are stuck on 56K. and I was on 56K just 3 days ago took me only a matter of seconds to load D2's thread about making sig's. In other words. Talk to your ISP for your slow problems, No one else here I believe has any problems with speed.

Edit: And BTW if they are to big than most or all of us ask the other person to trim it down, we dont go demanding. That is not the way of GBAtemp and its members

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, there was that one case... but he had a 1024x768 sig of the DoA girls in volleyball swimsuits as his sig... and replied three times on that one thread...
laugh.gif

Anyway, since most of us use one of D2, TJ, or CSPlaya's sigs, and all of those fit standardized if unusual sizes, and none of them are enormous, I think that it's only those few oddballs who need to hear this complaint. To my knowledge there's only one guy on as of this writing with a huge sig (won't mention the name, but it's an 800x600 screenshot from Splinter Cell), and I bet by tomorrow this time it'll be gone.

-Tempest out.-

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Please don't double-post. There's an edit button for a reason.

And I only used yours as an example of a large sig! I never bashed it. In that other thread all I said was that I'm not into Splinter Cell. I never used that as a reason for you to drop it.

Sorry if you took my earlier post personally.

-Tempest out.-

demu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm on 56k also and I don't mind it since it has to load only once beacuse of cache. It won't kill you to wait once a little longer.

And to add that you can turn off sigs and avatars in your control panel.

Your Control Panel > Board Settings:

Do you wish to view members signatures when reading threads?

Do you wish to view images in posts, such as smilies and posted images?

Do you wish to view members avatars when reading threads?

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
i personally edit all the sign i judge too big, signatures like d2 or tempest are not annoying.

If you want the forum to run faster go into your personal control panel and check the option to hide signatures or avatars
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: