Fortnite on the Switch: A Discussion of Opinions

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking a lot about Nintendo's decision to release Fortnite publicly on Nintendo Switch, and I want to know your guys's opinion on the matter. Do you think Fortnite is a good option for Nintendo? Do you see potential problems? Share your opinion!

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Is this quality of the game on the switch? or it being ported to the switch?

Quality: I think it looks fine, I played like two matches, and it wasn't bad, looked okay/good, No jittering or anything. (but switch is the only thing I've played Fork knife on)

it being a port: It's fine I guess, Dunno what else to say about it on that front lol

D

Deleted User

Of course it's fine. Like it or not, Fortnite is one of the more popular titles out there, so porting it to the Switch was a natural decision. Besides, it's not like the Switch is being assaulted with trash like the Play Store or Steam.

It's important to keep in mind that Nintendo is a company, like Microsoft and Sony. It's not like they have a set of implicit standards that all games must live up to, and their "Seal of Quality" only goes so far. Their objective is to push units, and Fortnite is a good means to that end. Whether or not it fits the ideal or aesthetic of Nintendo fanboys is another matter entirely. Besides, having different types of games on a system is often important to the system's success.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course it's fine. Like it or not, Fortnite is one of the more popular titles out there, so porting it to the Switch was a natural decision. Besides, it's not like the Switch is being assaulted with trash like the Play Store or Steam.

It's important to keep in mind that Nintendo is a company, like Microsoft and Sony. It's not like they have a set of implicit standards that all games must live up to, and their "Seal of Quality" only goes so far. Their objective is to push units, and Fortnite is a good means to that end. Whether or not it fits the ideal or aesthetic of Nintendo fanboys is another matter entirely. Besides, having different types of games on a system is often important to the system's success.
Well said. While I'm not entirely surprised by the port, I feel that Nintendo is a teeny bit late to the party. I also feel that, because Fortnite is on most smartphones nowadays, one of the Switch's selling points for Fortnite, it's portability, is neutralized. Why have, say, 3 friends bring their Switches to Starbucks so you can play Fortnite with them, when you can just do it with your phone? that sort of thing. But overall, I think that this decision allows for people to be able to play Nintendo games, and not have to buy another expensive system just to play Fortnite on a T.V.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Well said. While I'm not entirely surprised by the port, I feel that Nintendo is a teeny bit late to the party. I also feel that, because Fortnite is on most smartphones nowadays, one of the Switch's selling points for Fortnite, it's portability, is neutralized. Why have, say, 3 friends bring their Switches to Starbucks so you can play Fortnite with them, when you can just do it with your phone? that sort of thing. But overall, I think that this decision allows for people to be able to play Nintendo games, and not have to buy another expensive system just to play Fortnite on a T.V.
Definitely. While I doubt that anyone is going to buy a Switch solely to play Fortnite, it does seem like a nice option (a bonus almost) for those who do have a Switch. Plus, playing the game with tactile controls almost certainly beats playing it on a relatively small touch screen, making it a good option for people who already own a Switch. I don't think people head to Starbucks just to play Fortnite, though, but the port has its uses on commutes and work/school breaks.

Nintendo has always been lackluster in the third-party department ever since the N64 (with the possible exception of the Wii). The more high-profile titles they can get onto the Switch, the better.

AdenTheThird

The Apathetical Atheist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely. While I doubt that anyone is going to buy a Switch solely to play Fortnite, it does seem like a nice option (a bonus almost) for those who do have a Switch. Plus, playing the game with tactile controls almost certainly beats playing it on a relatively small touch screen, making it a good option for people who already own a Switch. I don't think people head to Starbucks just to play Fortnite, though, but the port has its uses on commutes and work/school breaks.

Nintendo has always been lackluster in the third-party department ever since the N64 (with the possible exception of the Wii). The more high-profile titles they can get onto the Switch, the better.
Indeed.

*ahem Nintendo no more -cough- special Super Mario editions of -cough cough- Minecraft -cough-*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?