Hacking Force Docked mode in portable ?

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but you have your hands on the joy cons and not the system itself. your also not keeping it encased in plastic on 2 sides so it could possibly vent a tad better

i actually keep my hands on the system itself to prevent bending, its why i added that a new custom backplate with more air vents and built in spines are necessary if there was an overclocked mode

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i actually keep my hands on the system itself to prevent bending, its why i added that a new custom backplate with more air vents and built in spines are necessary if there was an overclocked mode
I thought bending was just a rarer issue that people just blew out of preportion

TheFatassOfKicka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you who just assume that this is possible: have you considered that the Switch might draw more power from the AC adapter during docked play than the Switch could reasonably draw from the battery, if forced to operate at docked levels in handheld mode?

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The switch won't get much hotter since in docked mode is sandwiched inside the dock that's when it gets a little hot

This is totally possible and I would love it even if I have to be plugged because some games look horrible like Xenoblade and some games run like crap like Lego City in handheld mode

Reactions: Centerlord

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've taken my switch out of its dock after some intense pokken sessions and my hands haven't melted off.

It could happen :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also I love how we forgot about the first thread there was about this.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you who just assume that this is possible: have you considered that the Switch might draw more power from the AC adapter during docked play than the Switch could reasonably draw from the battery, if forced to operate at docked levels in handheld mode?
that's where plugging in a battery pack comes in

Blind1

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone figure out some way for this?
Im playing xenoblade 2 and in portable mode, game texture and graphics make me cry!

Migoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone figure out some way for this?
Im playing xenoblade 2 and in portable mode, game texture and graphics make me cry!

They don't seem to care I don't see how this could be hard since you'll be plugged to the wall anyhow

The good thing about xeno you'll get over it quickly the game is great so you soon forget the crappy dynamic resolution

Reactions: jt_1258

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't seem to care I don't see how this could be hard since you'll be plugged to the wall anyhow

The good thing about xeno you'll get over it quickly the game is great so you soon forget the crappy dynamic resolution
probably still a higher res then the 3ds screen -.-

RDTG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't linux default to docked anyway? Portable mode linux seems fine right?
I know that lakka.tv allows you to change the clock speeds. I've sat and played PSX for a few hours before with it set to the docked clock speed.
The switch does get a little toastier but not horribly hot. A custom back plate with some extra vents and maybe even an extra little fan somewhere (if the fan was small/thin enough and there were room somewhere) would help a bit though.

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
You will kill your switch. Your battery can't give enough power to the SoC.
You won't kill the Switch. What will happen is the battery will consume more power. You can still play it normally .When it's docked it is just charging the Switch at the same time.

Easily doable with a battery pack to equal out the normal use of battery power . Whoever says "It will break your Switch" needs to understand how the battery/Switch actually works lmao

Nintendo didn't allow it for one simple reason: Make battery life LONGER for handheld mode.

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd love this to be a reality but unfortunately, I think it would probably drain the battery very fast.

Centerlord

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't kill the Switch. What will happen is the battery will consume more power. You can still play it normally .When it's docked it is just charging the Switch at the same time.

Easily doable with a battery pack to equal out the normal use of battery power . Whoever says "It will break your Switch" needs to understand how the battery/Switch actually works lmao

Nintendo didn't allow it for one simple reason: Make battery life LONGER for handheld mode.

Yes exactly, and according to Anandtech the power draw is actually only about 20% higher while playing Zelda (8.9 watts portable vs 11 watts docked), so even on the stock battery it's shouldn't be a massive difference, Say 2.0-2.5 instead of 3 Hours.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory