for those who have seen the movie inception

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I watched it and was left quite disappointed. Not because of the ending, which I thought was an obvious film device but the fact that they had the ability to change the dream but they hardly used it. The bit in the middle when she is learning her craft is excellent, I was hoping for more of that towards the end.

All in all, it was mediocre and made The Matrix look good. Here's hoping they don't cock up Tron.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
HEARDATBEAT said:
Just an awesome movie through and through. Warning though make sure you watch it from the beginning and don't miss a second of it. Sometimes it feels like the movie is moving at breakneck speed and missing a minute or two can really make you miss something important. It's one of those movies that keeps you guessing till the end. That was a total dick move Son of Science you didn't have to tell him the ending!
ohnoes.png
Why are you giving a warning making it sound like you're addressing it to people who haven't seen the movie yet, in a thread for those who HAVE seen it?

Also how anyone didn't see the ending coming I have no idea. Going into the film it was obvious.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Team_Subspace said:
i did it was just as if all the other people in the movie didnt

as they were leaving the airport

they recognized him, it was that they were going in different ways.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grubbymitts said:
Well, I watched it and was left quite disappointed. Not because of the ending, which I thought was an obvious film device but the fact that they had the ability to change the dream but they hardly used it. The bit in the middle when she is learning her craft is excellent, I was hoping for more of that towards the end.

All in all, it was mediocre and made The Matrix look good. Here's hoping they don't cock up Tron.
They couldn't control the dream because it wasn't any of theirs. The dream belonged to the guy they were trying to plant the idea into. If you noticed the train in the middle of the street, and listened to them complaining, you'll not that none of them did that.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Team_Subspace said:
i noticed how none of them made the train appear but does that mean fischer caused it?

No. Kobb did. It's explained in the movie that he was the one who brought it in there, I just forget how. Just like how he brought Mol into that Chinese dude's dream, and how he brought Mol into that army base in the mountains to shoot Fischer.

Team_Subspace

Citizen Marsalevsky
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a feeling it was kobb seeing as how

there were many scenes with a train

and what makes me wonder is

in the dream kobb sees his kids a lot and that is pretty much changing the dream with his memory, so shouldnt that cause the dream to collapse??

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking back though, I see that's right. I think I actually already had that conversation. Z.Z Fischer's subconscious however was what was trying to kill them. Scratch what I told you about them not being able to change it though. She could have changed it, but it would have made Fischer's already trained subconscious close in faster. Because the more you change the dream the more the subconscious is aware (described in the movie as White Blood Cells). Since a lot was riding on this operation, they had to make sure his subconscious didn't close in on them.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, they can change the dream, just don't want to. It's described when Kobb is teaching that girl Architect. They were in his dream, but she kept changing everything, and Kobb's subconscious caught on and tried to stop her.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo