Gaming Flipnote memo

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
It's certainly not out yet, or I'd be drawing offensive cartoons right now
tongue.gif

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm thinking it'll probably show up in an update around the holiday season, probably a little bit before to help get the buzz going. Not heard anything concrete yet though so it's all speculation
frown.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I also think it will be part of the November E-Shop overhaul. My guess is that when they do the big update to give us video recording and new streetpass quests, the E-Shop will be updated to include the NES games (so us ambassador types can get the proper VC functions) and flipnote will appear. November looks like a great month for 3DS in general

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:
I also think it will be part of the November E-Shop overhaul. My guess is that when they do the big update to give us video recording and new streetpass quests, the E-Shop will be updated to include the NES games (so us ambassador types can get the proper VC functions) and flipnote will appear. November looks like a great month for 3DS in general

I really hope that is, indeed, the case. As much I as appreciate Nintendo trying to offer value with 3DS, the way they have been trickling mediocre morsels of content out is frustrating. I'd much rather have a nice, fat gift basket of stuff, so to speak, than a dribble here and a dribble there, especially since none of these things (Ambassador games, Four Swords, etc.) they've been offering are all that compelling by themselves.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I sort of agree- Four Swords was a nice gift as it wasn't FOR anything, it was just a 'here you are, have some of this'. The Ambassador games should have been rolled out in one heap though (I suspect the REAL reason they have been staggered through the year is to prevent them all being thwacked onto EBay within a week).

Nintendo have been pretty dire the past two years- not just with the 3DS (which is being drip-fed content, a lot of which becomes free due to the delay) but with the endless delays on Skyward Sword (originally rumoured to be appearing early 2010). Maybe they'll get back on the ball once the Wii-U is out (Ninty usually hit their stride with a console 12-18 months after launch, whereas Microsoft leap straight into action before seemingly losing interest). I hope so, as the 3DS is a very good piece of kit

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: