Hacking Flashed Xkey with incorrect FW. No Mix Media Disc now

AtilAlbayrak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi everyone,

I wanted to install a DVD Menu on my 360 Slim to help my kids open iso game files easily than the ISO Menu. But before that, thought about updating the firmware of the xkey after years.

Checked some sources and then downloaded a file called 3K3y-02.07.zip. I put the contents of the zip file (rootfs, uImage & xkey.cfg) in a usb flash disc and opened xbox after inserting it. It has started the update and I got the E64 error on screen after restarting. I re checked the page that I downloaded the files and saw an attention on bottom of the page that the files are actually for ps3 and they've been put there by mistake. Because of my lack of attention it was too late for me.

So I've dismantled the xbox and got microSd card (256mb with the green dot on it). When I've inserted it to my laptop via usb card reader, I saw the dummy.bin file and backed up it immediately. Than downloaded FW v1.30 for the xkey and wrote it to the micro Sd card via USB Image Tool v1.75. Copied the dummy.bin file back to the micro Sd card and inserted it again to xkey. Then xbox has started normally without the E64 error. It was gone and I took a deep breath.

I opened the the tray on the dashboard with my gamepad. It didn't automatically close it as before. And when I closed it the "Mix Media Disc" didn't appear as usual. There were no blue signals flashing on the xkey board. Just continuous red light as usual. Normally I do not use the remote but then I connected it. After restarting it showed only xkey logo and version 1.1 text on it. Did not pass to Emulation Mode text.

So I've tried some other methods. Copied xkey.cfg file of v1.30 to the root of micro sd card after checking the "MenuISO = Y" line in it. Also copy the same file to the root of external game disc as written in this forum. This disc was the one that I was using which has the iso files in the "games" folder. So I was sure that it was working. But again checked it on a computer. I also prepared another ntfs formatted usb flash disc that contains only one game in its games folder. No luck with it too.

Than tried other FW versions like 1.06, 1.28, 1.27 and also 2.01-4. Also tried updating via usb flash disc containing rootfs, uImage & xkey.cfg files. Everytime I've started and waited for 20 minutes to avoid any interruption. I also found 3 types of v1.06 as files A, B and C. Tried the C version as it was written that it is for the green dotted original micro SD card.

During the trials with the remote, the micro usb port of it has been broken away. Now it is not an option to use it. Maybe I may fix it later by soldering its tiny legs patiently. But it is not a problem as I do not use it.

I than found a nearby tech guy and phoned him. He wanted me to send him the dummy.bin file. Then he told me he has checked the file with jungle flasher and it was ok. No damage on the file. And suggested me to reset the original bios of the xkey if i can find the file called something like recovery.bin. I do not have any idea about that. And could not find any information on the net too.

The only thing I did not try is using a different micro sd card. I will try it too but do not think it is the problem. I am checking the ribbon cables again and again but they all seem contact and solid.

As I cannot afford a new machine now, any help would be much apreciated.

Thank you for your patience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo