Hacking FlashCard from AliExpress

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i want to buy the R4i GOLD 3DS RTS but i dont want to buy it from nds-card because they seem very fishy to me, i found one on AliExpress and wanted to know if it is good or not?
https://goo.gl/7t3tvQ
ironic..
how just a slice of the package of a flashcart, with barely any info, isn't fishy for you....

btw, nds card now accepts paypal, i understand the worry about putting your CC in a china website..
BUT. with paypal? what they can do?
go with nds-card, plenty of people here buy from them and it was almost aways happy endings

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The picture of the "card" made me laugh lol. It doesn't even show the card :rofl2:
that's cuz that items are forbidden in ali express, and sellers get away with it this way...
notice in the other gold cards where they just blanked the package...

my concern is, op can get that one good r4i that is being sold in nds card, or he may get bad luck and get a r4i.cc card which is not compatible with bootntr

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I just got an R4i from nds-card, while it wasn't the most elegant of steps to pay using paypal, they did deliver the goods in good time.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
Use nds-card they wouldn't be sponsored by gbatemp if they are scammers
You have it the other way around. Nds-Card sponsors GBAtemp. Granted, if they were overtly scammers, GBAtemp would probably sever ties to avoid looking bad. I did find it odd how payments were handled (sending payment through an unlabled Paypal transaction), but it worked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

illest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have it the other way around. Nds-Card sponsors GBAtemp. Granted, if they were overtly scammers, GBAtemp would probably sever ties to avoid looking bad. I did find it odd how payments were handled (sending payment through an unlabled Paypal transaction), but it worked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Huh, I knew it was something like that. My bad

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I did find it odd how payments were handled (sending payment through an unlabled Paypal transaction), but it worked ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AFAIK they do it to avoid an account ban since Paypal is strict against who can use their service (even VPNs haven been banned).

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK they do it to avoid an account ban since Paypal is strict against who can use their service (even VPNs haven been banned).
Yeah, they don't have much of a choice in the matter, but it felt sketchy. IIRC, they do the same thing with credit cards, but because other shops accept them with few if any problems, that might be a better option.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, they don't have much of a choice in the matter, but it felt sketchy. IIRC, they do the same thing with credit cards, but because other shops accept them with few if any problems, that might be a better option.

The problem then could be the banks, I've had issues with international payments over the years thanks to fraud protection (even Patreon got flagged).

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NZ friend who bought one about a month ago from aliexpress, says it's fine.
Someone recently told me that NDS-card says free shipping, but they actually charge $20 shipping to USA?

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NZ friend who bought one about a month ago from aliexpress, says it's fine.
Someone recently told me that NDS-card says free shipping, but they actually charge $20 shipping to USA?
Shipping is free from nds-card. You can pay more to get it shipped by a speedier service, but basic shipping is free.

Reactions: MattKimura

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I lol'd "nds-card seems fishy, but this guy on AliExpress only showed the top of a box. They seem trustworthy." Seriously the seller isn't listing the url anywhere for the cart, for all you know it's going to be junk clone. Of course the seller kept it vague enough so they could literally send you ANYTHING in that box.
Nds-card has been GBATemp's official sponsor for several years and haven't ripped a single person off. Compared to the amount of issues that come from AliExpress, where people commonly report not getting the right product or not getting the product at all.
Just do the smart thing and buy from nds-card.com
http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=149
The shipping is free from nds-card. Hell even adding tracking numbers to your order doesn't add another 20$.
I ordered my Ak2i from nds-card and it took about 9 day to get to my house.

Last edited by The Catboy,

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only reason I haven't paid for my order at nds-card yet is because recovering PayPal accounts is a colossal pain. If they were scammers, we'd know by now.

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
I've used nds card LOADS now and they always deliver. I was wary the first time but after that I was ordering 3 cards at a time. Most recently ordered one r4 gold and it took 12 days from ordering to delivery in England.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ask uremum she's seen plenty