Hardware Flash needed (?)

steve007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello again , I am mad that I can't view youtube and some other sites as well on my 3DS the systems is A ok

But the internet is um not so good I think Nintendo should update it

What do you think they should do (?)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo really has no reason to add flash to the system YET; Netflix and Nintendo Video are kind of the replacements for online video viewing. Sorry!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve007 said:
Can I add my on videos on youtube on the 3ds on my memory card (?) play back is what i am getting at
Not yet. There is no way to play videos on the 3DS besides the ones on Netflix or Nintendo Video.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Not gonna happen. Nintendo isn't too big on technology other companies own, else they'd have included Flash support natively. this is good for them in the sense that they'll have less to troubleshoot/support (no flash means no 3DS owners calling in because they can't get flash to work on this site or some other).

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could simply be the fact that nintendo's custom ARM processor isn't even compatible with flash... at the very least it would take working with adobe for them to release a version for their 3DS OS.... so it may come, but I wouldn't hold my breath. More likely (but still unlikely) would be simply getting a native Youtube "app"... not sure what nintendo's stance would be on that if Google was interested...

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely, the only way we'll get Flash, is for the 3DS to get hacked and have a homebrew application.

steve007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then the internet app is shot I can't even load facebook or google pictures I am getting A low memory issue. They need to update the Application to fix that issue

Satirical

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't understand why people are acting like the Nintendo DS is a fucking iPad, it probably doesn't have the hardware to properly handle Flash and even if it did do you really want to stream videos wirelessly on a 3.25" screen without a proper sound card or proper speakers? Unless you plug headphones in, but still, what the fuck is the point?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
steve007 said:
Well then the internet app is shot I can't even load facebook or google pictures I am getting A low memory issue. They need to update the Application to fix that issue

When in doubt, try starting with "m." (for mobile). For facebook, that would be "m.facebook.com". It will only work if the websites were made to use it, and may still require certain capabilities, so don't expect "m.youtube.com" to work.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Satirical said:
I don't understand why people are acting like the Nintendo DS is a fucking iPad, it probably doesn't have the hardware to properly handle Flash and even if it did do you really want to stream videos wirelessly on a 3.25" screen without a proper sound card or proper speakers? Unless you plug headphones in, but still, what the fuck is the point?
...well, streaming 3D video content is one good reason i can think of, but i've no idea how prevalent 3D streaming content are today, but eventually youtube and other streaming sites will support it, if they haven't already.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satirical said:

The iPad can't do flash, either. :trollface:

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
ferofax said:
Satirical said:
...well, streaming 3D video content is one good reason i can think of, but i've no idea how prevalent 3D streaming content are today, but eventually youtube and other streaming sites will support it, if they haven't already.

YouTube already supports 3D, but for nvidia 3D vision it uses html5 and not flash (no idea about their other 3D formats though, I've only used nvidia 3D)

I've barely used the Internet browser on my 3DS, I always assumed that other than maybe for a game guide it would be useless? Especially since so many people have netbooks, tablets, smartphones etc to use instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up