Misc Fixing error codes: 86420 etc. (Mario Kart, SSBB)

peddengba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have seen alot of topics and discussions about this but no one have made an easy explanation how to solve this!

Therefore... I'm doing it!
gbasp.gif

Ok, THE PROBLEM: You have an wireless router and you can access internet with your Wii (Shop channel, Everybody votes etc. works fine) you can also access Nintendo WFC, BUT when your Wii are searching for others players (Mario Kart Wii WFC for example) it dosent find any and then all of a sudden "Error code: 86420" comes up... and says: Connection broken (or something)

what to do...
unsure.gif

THE SOLUTION: In the wireless router TURN OFF "SPI Mode" in the firewall settings! ...simple...
grog.gif

ANALYSIS: Because the SPI scans every package recieved through the router and since it's task is to remove "Internet Background Noise", turning this mode OFF allowes the WFC data to be treated correctly and not like "Background Noice" (causing the 86420 error).

Works on Mario Kart Wii WFC, should work on SSBB also but since I live in Europe I don't have that game yet...
smile.gif

Last, a word of caution: If you don't know anything about routers you should really consider asking someone to help you.

Ok, let me now if this has helped you... (I wanna beat some n00bs om Mario Kart)
wink.gif

Peace!

kemosabe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its not working for me
i installed some vc games and some channels and all of the sudden i cant play mario kart online anymore.
before i installed the vc games and the hacked channels it worked like a charm.
could it be that nintendo banned my wii because od the hacks i installed?
ive changed nothing on my internet or router settings and i even tried a second copy (original); but it didnt worked either
even all the channels like weather or voting, the shop and the mario kart channel are working fine, so theres no problem with my internet configuration.
so, could it be that im banned?
edit:
i even deleted all the .wad data and reseted my wii. still not working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.