Hardware Fixes for PS4 audio being too quiet?

SkyBladeDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently, my PS4 Slim's audio has been way too quiet. I have tried different hdmi ports on my tv, different hdmi cables, and even a new tv.
The weird part is that after about 2 hours of playing games, the volume gradually goes back to normal.
I usually have my tv volume at 15 when it actually works, and when it doesn't i have to put it on 75 just to hear it normally.
Another weird thing, if i use my psvr professing unit, the audio corrects itself, and goes back to how it should be.

I have also tried cleaning the port, and changing audio settings too.
Is there any way to fix this?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Are you sure it's not your TV? Some TV's have an adaptive sound setting where loud noises such as TV ads are louder than the TV program so the TV tries to make all sound the same volume level, sometimes that can make your volume control seem low, even when you increase the volume with a TV remote the volume just seems to not get higher.

SkyBladeDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure it's not your TV? Some TV's have an adaptive sound setting where loud noises such as TV ads are louder than the TV program so the TV tries to make all sound the same volume level, sometimes that can make your volume control seem low, even when you increase the volume with a TV remote the volume just seems to not get higher.

I did try 2 tvs. One samsung and one bush tv and both were the same.

SkyBladeDX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But when i turn it on the next day, or if i leave it for a few days, it fixes itself ast normal volume, and stays fixed for like a week. I would prefer if i didnt have to buy anything extra.
Try using the optical connection for audio ... Just to test.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh boy psi posted a ltt video +1