Tutorial  Updated

Fix Warawara Plaza 1stNUP.xml bug.

So, I've been seeing a few reports of peoples Wii U's displaying [?] even though a 1stNUP.xml file is there.

This is because of permissions. When you FTP into your Wii U and change the 1stNUP.xml file, you are meant to overwrite the file and not delete then pop a new one in. When done like that, permissions get changed therefore the Wii U cannot read it.

Not to worry as there is a fix.

1st.
Download wupserver and extract it (Attachment below). Make sure you have python installed.
2nd.
Edit wupserver.py IP to match your console. Do not change port.
3rd.
Start your Wii U and goto the main menu.
4th.
Open a new terminal window and type,
Code:
python -i wupserver.py
It should spit out some random numbers then show >>>
5th.
Run the code below. Make sure it matches your region.

For U Systems
Code:
w.chmod('/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040100/content/UsEnglish/Olive/1stNUP.xml', 0x644)

For E Systems
Code:
w.chmod('/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040200/content/EuEnglish/Olive/1stNUP.xml', 0x644)

For J Systems
Code:
w.chmod('/vol/storage_mlc01/sys/title/00050010/10040000/content/JpJapanese/Olive/1stNUP.xml', 0x644)

After running that code. It should return 0x0. 0x0 Means OK. If it returns anything other than 0x0, something has gone wrong. Please provide a screenshot of your terminal.

I will attach a screenshot on what your terminal should look like.

6th.

Type exit() into the terminal and it should kick you back to cmd.
Soft shut down the console with your Gamepad. Do not hard shut down your console by holding down the power button on your Wii U as changes will not be saved.

7th.

Power back on your console and your plaza should be back.

Attachments

• WindowsTerminal_K8XyN0bXzn.png
    WindowsTerminal_K8XyN0bXzn.png
    17 KB · Views: 129
  • wupserver.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by fullpwn,
Reactions: JGSHEW and Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only time I ever saw ? symbols was because I hadn't saved the icon tga files in photoshop, for whatever reason paint.Net doesn't do it properly.

I have however always overwritten files when using ftp and never had any major problems with this file or menu themes so I can verify that statement is correct.

Nice work man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1