Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
well they claim that it works with a spicial mp3 file ,this alone makes it very hard to believe
No it doesn't. You can use any type of an extension for the file, it doesn't matter. How do you think banner bomb worked? Oversized graphics = temporary system crash due to overlapping buffors = possibility to inject code in the overlap.
MP3 is a very well established format and by this point the vast majority of vulnerabilities in the format are worked out. With bannerbomb, it was using a Nintendo proprietary image format, for which there are not well established libraries with plenty of bugfixes over the years, so vulnerabilities were far more likely. It is unlikely there is an exploit in an MP3 file.

Also the stuff about Crown3DS - why would a flashcard manufacturer care about an exploit unrelated to their card? All seems like nonsense to me. But I guess you gotta give them a bit of time to provide proof and stuff.

EDIT: Their FB page now makes mention of something to do with running ROMs. I highly doubt the authenticity of this.
I too want to see some proof first, but I would not dismiss it just because they used MP3 as the format. Firstly, it's Nintendo we're talking about, secondly, it could be a vulnerability of the attachment system, not the file itself. I will believe when I see it, but I'm not excited either.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>See's title of First Exploit found
>leaves in disappointment

Anywho, it would be nice if it was real.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can I find a link to their FB? I'm gonna track this until it dies...

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, they certainly seem more communicative than any other group (yes you, Crown3DS) so far which is a good sign. Usually if something is fake they'll post very rarely and put a lot of time & thought into everything they say.

Reactions: 1 person

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh No. Not another one of THESE threads again. At least this wasn't posted in the User submitted news section so props for that I guess...

Reactions: 1 person

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HAVE ACHIEVED THE FIRST 3DS EXPLOIT. I WILL POST NO PICTURES OR VIDEOS because there are none SO MAYBE I WILL RELEASE IT LATER.
You know you believe me even though I am lying.

It's really not hard to say you've done something. I call BS.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I HAVE ACHIEVED THE FIRST 3DS EXPLOIT. I WILL POST NO PICTURES OR VIDEOS because there are none SO MAYBE I WILL RELEASE IT LATER.
You know you believe me even though I am lying.

It's really not hard to say you've done something. I call BS.
well on the other hand if they release videos and pics the chance is high that it will be called scam (even if it shoould be legit) non the less ,ps3 jailbreak *hust*

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well on the other hand if they release videos and pics the chance is high that it will be called scam (even if it shoould be legit) non the less ,ps3 jailbreak *hust*
I get the odd feeling that you don't want this to be real.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Everyone's a critic all of a sudden. Give those people some space, it doesn't really matter if they're trolling or not. If they're just internet trolls, you're catching their bait by getting all worked up, if they're the real deal, you're simply bothering them with unnecessary questions.

Wait till some meaningful posts are made by them, in the meantime, ignore them.

EDIT: By the way, if the team happens to be reading this - change your name. You sound like a bunch of n00bs with a name like this.

Reactions: 3 people

FlameHelix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
inb4 over 9000 pages of 'lol dis reel' 'lol dis fek' and of course ''

Also, to be ontopic and non hypocritical, i think we all should be clinging to a hope of an exploit. I simply can't wait for 3ds homebrew, all we can do is spam this guys mailbox and wait for a reply and hopefully pics and vids.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here