Hacking First 7.1 firmware needing game is out...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's doing it on games from the same region too.
It's only a bug in EmuNAND 7.x with 2.0b1, because 2.0b1 doesn't support that NATIV_FIRM version and doesn't patch it correctly.

to fix incorrect language... read the first post ;)

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello, well I tried loading Yoshi's New Island on my 3ds but it does not show up. I tested it several times. I wrote a different game to my sd card and it worked then I write yoshi and the 3ds does not recognize anything is put into the cartridge slot. I even tried downloading it for different source.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, well I tried loading Yoshi's New Island on my 3ds but it does not show up. I tested it several times. I wrote a different game to my sd card and it worked then I write yoshi and the 3ds does not recognize anything is put into the cartridge slot. I even tried downloading it for different source.
Your Gateway must be firmware 2.01b or 2.02b for the game to work.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sounds like you have a bad copy of the game, it should even show up on 1.2. it just wouldn't be playable, try download from somewhere else, and make sure you have extracted it if its a .zip or .rar (yeah i know this sounds stupid.....but some people can be XD)

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Yeah I downloaded it from yet another source. So far 3 now. And it still does not work. Would my 3ds being Japanese have anything to do with the problem? Can Japanese 3ds's not load EUR region roms?

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the US version of the rom too and it does not show up. Would it not show up at certain firmwares?

More information required. What 3DS firm, which flashcart, etc etc. Otherwise, nobody can help you.

You're basically going "HELP! I HAVE PROBLEMS HELP! KTHXBAI"

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
apparently the 7.XX emunand I had was causing a bug that made the region free not work on my 3ds. I tried Luigi Mansion Dark Moon US ver and it did not show up either. Once I formatted my emunand Luigi worked fine and then Yoshi worked fine. I guess Japanese 3ds's with 7.XX firmware on 2.0b1 get a bug that makes region free not work. That kind of stinks since I wanted to play Yoshi New Island in Japanese early but I guess I have to wait for the JPN ver to come out.

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
More information required. What 3DS firm, which flashcart, etc etc. Otherwise, nobody can help you.

You're basically going "HELP! I HAVE PROBLEMS HELP! KTHXBAI"

well 2.0b1 pretty much can be inferred to be gateway but yea I should have mentioned that I was on 7.XX
Sorry about that.
I don't know the exact firmware since there was a bug that caused my 3ds to hang when I went to the option menu
after I synced my Wii U account with 3ds and I wasn't even sure that it was 7.XX until I searched up an article that stated
which firmware added the account sync feature right before I made this post. Again sorry about the confusion.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, calm down now. Fighting fire with fire won't solve anything here. There are loads of different ways in which these responses could have been tackled.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
apparently the 7.XX emunand I had was causing a bug that made the region free not work on my 3ds. I tried Luigi Mansion Dark Moon US ver and it did not show up either. Once I formatted my emunand Luigi worked fine and then Yoshi worked fine.
so formatting it fixed this 'bug'? and the only problem for you is that you want to play a game in a language that is not really listed on it?

Gilberd

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
so formatting it fixed this 'bug'? and the only problem for you is that you want to play a game in a language that is not really listed on it?

didn't the first post say that if you use gatway 2.0b1 and 7.xx firmware that Yoshi island would play in Japanese?
but yea formatting my emunand made my US and EUR roms work again.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
didn't the first post say that if you use gatway 2.0b1 and 7.xx firmware that Yoshi island would play in Japanese?
but yea formatting my emunand made my US and EUR roms work again.
well gateway must do something 'special', since when you load an out of region game, your 3ds system language might not always be available on the game.
i guess gateway just tries to force english when it can.
on my japanese 3ds the game loads up in english too (without emunand though).

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey everyone,

i had 2.02b gateway firmware but due to the fear of bricking I switched back to 2.01b

I had installed the emunand 7.0 on it and now that I downgraded to 2.01b that I find out that the emunand is not working.

I think I can do without the emunand because I play roms mostly and I dont use eshop at all.

Now that the yoshis island is out I would like to play that too,but read it on another thread that if you have installed emunand before you are out of luck,

Can I delete my emunand or what should I do to make a fresh start without emunand and be able to run yoshis island?

any help would be appreciated
thanks​

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just putting it out there b1 with 7.x breaks region free iirc, also if your system is on 4.1 that can apparently break region free, its most likely one of theses options
try a different SD with b1 and no emunand set up, also check you aren't on 4.1, if you are try updating to 4.2-4.5

Edit: ok just re-read the thread and seen you got it working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password