After moving to a bigger SD card games disappeared (emunand related)

Animus777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I use Luma. On my original SD card there is an unused old emunad (4.x.x). All my games etc are on Sysnand. When I copy SD card content to a new bigger SD (without emunand partition) sysnand games dont show up. In "upgrade SD card with Luma3DS games not showing" thread @TurdPooCharger recommends using Transfer Emu to Sys command in NANDManager. But wouldnt that give me an old outdated firmware (4.x.x) with all my settings, themes and games gone? Any ideas The Real Jdbye ?

Last edited by Animus777,

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an emunand setup, you can't just copy/paste data to a bigger sd card and expect it to work (like you normally do with sysnand), and not sure if you can "migrate" a emunand..
As for sysnand, unless you are using a Nintendo 3ds folder that's shared between both (sysnand and emunand), just copy/pasting that folder to the new sd card should do it.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe Unfortunately Nintendo 3DS folder IS shared. So how do I move only Sysnand to new SD?
Have you tried moving emunand to sysnand function in GodMode9? (Section IV here)
Since it's shared, have you tried copying it to the new sd then running Faketik to get titles to appear? Not sure if it'll work, but it's worth a try.

Animus777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
@CoolMe No, Faketik wouldn't help me in this case. Titles dont even appear in Godemode9' Title Manager. I am afraid that moving emu to sys will just overwrite my 11x.x Sysnand (with games) with 4.x.x Emunand. That's why I am reluctant to do it.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@CoolMe No, Faketik wouldn't help me in this case. Titles dont even appear in Godemode9' Title Manager. I am afraid that moving emu to sys will just overwrite my 11x.x Sysnand (with games) with 4.x.x Emunand. That's why I am reluctant to do it.
Ok here's a solution, can you still access this emunand and it's games? If so, just back them up with GodMode9 (and Checkpoint for saves), and you don't need to move its data anymore.
To upgrade the sdcard, just move the Nintendo 3ds folder to the new sdcard, and reinstall those games etc.

You can also make a new Nintendo 3ds folder from scratch, and then reinstall the stuff you backed up from the emunand, but i don't know if you have any data on sysnand, or your NNID etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: Nintendo be malding at that