Hacking Firmware question, Should I upgrade from 3.0.0-5U

Brian Turner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am updated, everything working fine.

One last question (well maybe not last, but last for now). Is it safe to use spot pass or the internet? I would like ot keep using the spot pass if I can. I have not been using my 3ds for quiet awhile and have not kept current on the news of the system. It did require my parental pin in order to upgrade the firmware from the card, but I want to make sure I keep my unit safe.

Thanks for all the help.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am updated, everything working fine.

One last question (well maybe not last, but last for now). Is it safe to use spot pass or the internet? I would like ot keep using the spot pass if I can. I have not been using my 3ds for quiet awhile and have not kept current on the news of the system. It did require my parental pin in order to upgrade the firmware from the card, but I want to make sure I keep my unit safe.

Thanks for all the help.
To be absolutely safe, I would refrain from all wifi use. You may have the parental pin to keep it from updating (if that even works), but there are those days where you just zone out, enter the pin without thinking, and it may update your firmware.

deathking

Trophies
Website
toxsic.com
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what happens if you try to run the gateway on a pre 4.1 3ds

Does the exploit not exist at all or is there another reason for it not to work

dmdsoftware

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Gateway says it is untested for versions prior to 4.1. It may work, but if the memory addresses needed are located in a different spot, it won't work.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Probably nothing in that if you try to insert the gateway without the launcher loaded you just get nothing in the icon spot where the cartridge is at. Same thing if you try a game from oustide your region and you are using v1 of the launcher and not v1.1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users