Firmware options for r4i sdhc v1.4.1 wifi cart

BurntOutElectronics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
G’day everyone,
I’ve been wanting to play around with home brew on the DS for years and decided to pick up a flashcart. I avoided the dodgy looking gold and silver “r4” cards and went for an older clone that was really cheap.

Question is: what firmware is compatible with it? And what’s best in terms of compatibility and features?

Do I bother with an archive of the old firmware, or do I use something like YSmenu?

D083CA5C-53FF-4684-86CF-5CC68C9896CE.jpeg

Bowzert

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I have the exact same card and the kernel for it is at the website indicated on the card (be sure to include the '-'). You then click on the "R4i Download" tab, click on the R4i RTS 3DS flashcart then scroll down to find the kernel link for your flashcart.
This kernel has a timebomb that will make it stop working in 2024 though. To remove it you can either set an earlier date on your DS or better, install the YSmenu from the RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.06 page on GBATemp. The "R4i-SDHC" folder contains the right kernel for this flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CN7KP713/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=23d6e13e...