OP
Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello.
I have 3.2e and i tried today the new downgrader from waninkoko to update to 4.0e. It downloads corectly all the needed stuff,it installs some of them and when it reaches
Installing System menu v418, i get this:
Installing title error! (ret= -1036)
Do you have any ideas which is the problem.Thanks

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snaker, I got the exact same problem. What I did was to install a patched version of IOS60 (wad) first before running Firmware Downgrader v1.11, and it was smooth sailing after that.

snaker

OP
Trophies
Website
biohazard-era.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yes thanks a lot for the reply.
I figured it out but i installed all the cios with cioscorp, ios16 and patched ios60 using the ios60 updater,in order to find that only the last was needed.I dont know why,but never anyone mentioned that we need ios60 prior to 4 update and this is really important to be mentioned!!!

Col70

Trophies
XP
Country
can I ask guys... dont flame me.... why would I want to use Wani's application (I'm on 3.2e)

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me, I was at 3.4 and had no brick protection. I was holding out for Bootmii, but finally decided that I really need brick protection. So the options are to go to 3.2 or up to 4.0. I opted for 4.0 because I do play VC games and 4.0 allows channels to be moved to SD card where it can be run. Although it's not a true "run from SD card" solution, it does free up the Wii's main NAND memory for other stuff.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
snaker said:
Hello.
I have 3.2e and i tried today the new downgrader from waninkoko to update to 4.0e. It downloads corectly all the needed stuff,it installs some of them and when it reaches
Installing System menu v418, i get this:
Installing title error! (ret= -1036)
Do you have any ideas which is the problem.Thanks

It's a firmware DOWNgrader.... not upgrader. Therefore you'll get an error if you're on 3.2 and try to use Firmware Downgrader to UPdate to 4.0, as it won't install IOS60 for you. Your best bet to upgrade to 4.0 is always to use Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater, and be sure you've got HBC and cIOS installed beforehand.

If you were on 4.0 previously, and downgraded to 3.2 (via Waninkoko's Firmware Downgrader or by other means), then you can use the Firmware Downgrader to REupdate to 4.0, as you've got all the IOSes you need already installed.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
3.2 is all that anyone needs, 4.0 only has the added advantage of sdhc support for vc * wiiware games and even now thats not an advantage with the new wad manager 1.4 which allows all wads (vc/wiiware ) to be stored on a h/d or micro sdhc card and installed/uninstalled at any time!

Plus 4.0 can be auto updated by nintendo (if they so choose) where as 3.2 they can't ! and starfall (as basic as it is and out dated) blocks updates from the disk channel and has recovery built in.

So yeah stick with 3.2 and enjoy your wii to its full potencial with everything you could want to work WORK.

paul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.