ROM Hack Fire Emblem Fates: ROM Hacking General Thread

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice, but do they do anything? Does it seem possible to add an entire new path?
Based off of how data is stored in other files, creating a new path would not really be possible at the moment. You would have to edit how the code in exefs reads that data so that it accounts for the new path. It's technically possible, just not all that plausible at the moment.

D

Deleted User

Sorry If this has already been answered but...

Im trying to get the Custom Paralogues Hack to work but everytime I try to boot up FE:Fates, when I select :romfs -> SD" it Shows "(INVALID)" right next to it.
I Already set it to the right name (My FE:Fates cartridge is Birthright so I got that games ID.) and I Renamed the romfs to that name and made a folder called "hans" on the root of my SD card in the tutorial I followed but it doesn't fix the "(INVALID)" from not appearing.

Is there something Im Doing wrong or is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: Could it also be the File Type of the romfs? I mean, My computer shows it as a File type called "File" and I don't know if this is normal or not because this is my first time hacking this game.

Again, Sorry if this has already been answered.

Last edited by ,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry If this has already been answered but...

Im trying to get the Custom Paralogues Hack to work but everytime I try to boot up FE:Fates, when I select :romfs -> SD" it Shows "(INVALID)" right next to it.
I Already set it to the right name (My FE:Fates cartridge is Birthright so I got that games ID.) and I Renamed the romfs to that name and made a folder called "hans" on the root of my SD card in the tutorial I followed but it doesn't fix the "(INVALID)" from not appearing.

Is there something Im Doing wrong or is there a way to fix it?

EDIT: Could it also be the File Type of the romfs? I mean, My computer shows it as a File type called "File" and I don't know if this is normal or not because this is my first time hacking this game.

Again, Sorry if this has already been answered.
What is the full filename of your .romfs? The filename needs to be the last 8 digits of the game's Title ID.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The romfs is just called: "0004000000179400". No ".romfs" at the end.
Do you have your computer set to show extensions?

Rename that file to 00179400.romfs and make sure to set your computer to show file extensions. HANS is saying INVALID because the filename was wrong.

D

Deleted User

Do you have your computer set to show extensions?

Rename that file to 00179400.romfs and make sure to set your computer to show file extensions. HANS is saying INVALID because the filename was wrong.

Just Made it show hidden File Extensions and what not.
And I renamed it and it Worked! Thank you so much!

(Now I wanna get into Rom hacking FE:Fates, But Im already too busy with SSBWIIU Hacking :P)

EDIT: Weird, Why I am S Ranked with Setsuna when I Already am S Ranked with Oboro
in the Custom Paralouge? Wonder why....
EDIT 2: And theres...another Corrin in the Support Log?! (The Support Between this Other Corrin is Between Nichol... But it just goes out of it when you try to view it.)
EDIT 3: And Everybodys Support is Viewable even tho I didn't have some children in my army in all my playthroughs. oh, and Amiibo Chars are there as well in the support logs... wat.

Last edited by ,

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Made it show hidden File Extensions and what not.
And I renamed it and it Worked! Thank you so much!

(Now I wanna get into Rom hacking FE:Fates, But Im already too busy with SSBWIIU Hacking :P)

EDIT: Weird, Why I am S Ranked with Setsuna when I Already am S Ranked with Oboro
in the Custom Paralouge? Wonder why....
EDIT 2: And theres...another Corrin in the Support Log?! (The Support Between this Other Corrin is Between Nichol... But it just goes out of it when you try to view it.)
EDIT 3: And Everybodys Support is Viewable even tho I didn't have some children in my army in all my playthroughs. oh, and Amiibo Chars are there as well in the support logs... wat.
The custom paralogue hack uses the same sex expansion as a base - that hack is known to mess up supports on existing saves. I recommend running the hack on a new save so that you don't run into issues like that.

D

Deleted User

The custom paralogue hack uses the same sex expansion as a base - that hack is known to mess up supports on existing saves. I recommend running the hack on a new save so that you don't run into issues like that.

Ah Okay. Thank you for telling me that!

DeferredGalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, with some more script editing, I managed to add more entries to the Branch of Fate, sadly, for whatever reason, it's not actually displaying the text I assigned to the entries, oh well, at least I got SOME of it to work.

WDkAkAH.png

Branch%2Bof%2BFate.jpg

DeferredGalaxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@OldGlass wanted portraits of Lyn and Eirika, so I giveth Eirika. I finally finished them. =w= Took a bit. Sorry if it didn't come out as perfect as most people would have done it, I'm not used to the Fire Emblem style. =w=

Sorry for spoiling these. I... haven't figured out how to change an image's size on here, yes. ^^;
328183-eirika2.png
328184-eirika1.png
328182-eirika3.png
328181-eirika4.png
328180-eirika5.png
Here's the .PSD if someone wants to edit the portraits themselves or convert these in to the Fire Emblem format, since I'm not too sure what the dimension requirements are and how to lay them out in the sprite sheet and all that. It also includes the layers for the sweat drop and blushing.
https://filetrip.net/dl?um4FGAFMnH

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We want awakening Roy :'u recolor inigo mercenary hof model Robin head with red and if possible ike bandana
Same portrait as Awakening

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
well um... not sure how appropriate this is-- but I was able to make the Kitsune hood an accessory, as well as trying to piece a new class together
http://imgur.com/a/Z6Ggl
Kitsune Hood replaces Lucina Amiibo's Bear Hat accessory. Now if only I could find the Wolfskin hood...
New class is basically Kitsune-Swordmaster thing, mostly as a test, though i seem to be too stupid trying to figure how to get the model to work properly, along with getting voices to work again, AND trying to find how to bind Swordmaster+Kitsune animations to this new class. ack. any help'd be appreciated.
Meanwhile i'll be poking it with a stick.
So the ally one is white?
Interesting what kind of accesories do you can add?
my bear hat dont show properly the texture somethimes
It will make a error?

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nah, the white one's just the one I felt like using.
Pretty much any accessory that's in the game, yay!
So... You plan on replace more accesories?
Like Garon Crown, Sumeragi mask or Ike bandana? That kind of things
You cant replace the swimsuits? Or add full custom like the ones of Festival of Bonds or the glases of witch trial?

Last edited by Roythekids5,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg