ROM Hack [Fire Emblem Fates] Mod that let's you be a lesbian

livipup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, people. So I finally made the mod that I signed up for this website to learn how to make. It's pretty simple. It does just two things. It makes it so that you can marry all the girls while playing as a girl and also it gets rid of that "no homo" from Forrest's S-rank dialogue with Corrin. I made this mod entirely for my own use and wasn't even planning to post it, but I figured I may as well in case anybody else wants the same thing I did from the game and doesn't want to spend 12 hours editing game files like I did. (Not even considering all the time I spent researching how to even do that stuff.)

Anyway, this mod is presented as is. There won't be any updates unless I discover something horribly wrong that needs to be fixed for the sake of my own enjoyment. It seems fine from the minimal testing I did though. That being said I did end up having to customize some of the dialogue for Soleil and Ophelia in order for it to make sense. Some conversations between female units and female Corrin have been completely replaced with the male Corrin version. A few just had the S-rank dialogue from male Corrin's supports slapped onto to female Corrin's supports. In the case of Sophie I really hated her support dialogue with male Corrin, but there was absolutely nothing in the S-rank support I could use, so I wrote completely new dialogue for her S-rank. I have tested the support conversations in the Support Log and they seem to be working fine. Let me know if you have any problems though.

I made this mod using a European version of the game and only in English. For the same reason I didn't bother with mlm support dialogue, I did not make this mod for any other version of the game. I assume that it will also work with the North American localization of the game, but you'll have to figure that out for yourself. Idk if the file structure in the m folder is the same for NA since NA doesn't have all the languages that EU does. That being said, the GameData.bin.lz file should work for any version of the game. It's all numbers, so I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. If you want to make this mod work for other languages it shouldn't be hard. You would just need to edit every single support conversation between female Corrin and the other female units. Editing the dialogue takes longer than editing the support tables, but it's a lot easier.

To install this mod it should be as easy as decompressing your rom (I recommend using PackHack v9) dropping the files into the ExtractedRomFS folder and then recompressing the rom. When the program asks you a yes or no question after you tell it decompress your rom say no. I don't know what will actually happen if you say yes, but I assume it will mean the rom won't work.

If you want relationships between male characters or if you want same-sex relationships that don't involve the player you should check out UnassumingVenusaur's Expanded Same-Sex Marriage mod. The reason I didn't choose to go for her mod is because I was worried about the decrease in usability for the Friendship Seal negatively impacting the meta game, but I feel like most people aren't like me, so you might really prefer her mod. I definitely have enjoyed playing with her Awakening Same-Sex Marriage mod while I was figuring out how to make this mod since that game doesn't have Friendship or Partner Seals. She has put a lot of work into both mods and I think it's totally a good idea for you to check them both out. Also, this mod wouldn't have been possible if it wasn't for her tutorial on editing support tables by hex value. I know the method is outdated considering how many tools there are that are made for editing support ranks, but I tried all of them and couldn't get any of them to work, so this ended up being a lot easier than figuring out how to fix one of those programs. Also, shout out to Puddles from the 3DS Romhacking Discord for showing me how to edit dialogue files manually. I never would have guessed it was so simple and so I never would have figured it out on my own.

Attachments

• GayFates.zip
    225.2 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by livipup,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1