Hacking Finaly... WOOD For TT... REAL and Working!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hack_ziro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if google is correct, it's from a japenese board by a hacker called "dragon onion" or "onion dragon"

i googled this copypasta: byネギドラゴン◆xMOiWm66pBTN
or just this "ネギドラゴン" in combination with "wood"
or just this: "xMOiWm66pBTN" (post number of the board??)

that's all written in the changelog btw

Z_Pirate

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hack_ziro said:
yes...check out the YSmenu from retrogamefan
"retrogamefans multicart update 6.51" on filetrip.net
this includes the ttmenu, you need and the ttmenu.dat as well...just rename that one to ttmenu.nds...all in a folder called "r4i-sdhc r4-sdhc ttmenu"
then search for "retrogamefans multicart update 6.52" on filetrip
this one includes updated .dat's...just copy them to your ttmenu-folder

but backup, format your microSD first...the formatter is also included in 6.51

but you'll have to use a CLEAN AND UNTRIMMED game

i hope, i was able help out
Yeh, thanks a lot man. That got it working, good job I bumped into you.
Cheers
yaynds.gif

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to say I reformatted my card, added my games and unzipped this straight onto the card...

...And it works flawlessly! I was pleasantly surprised when Pokemon Black loaded, but the speed was incredible compared to the standard DSTT firmware.

Many thanks to everyone involved it this!

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gaboros said:
@bitonio6 I have a question about this version of wood.

Where and how did you found this? Someone told you about this or you just "magically" found it somewhere?
It was available on those dirty 2ch Japanese forums. You know, those forums where everyone can post their shit and it's not moderated.
Note that wood M3 was also released at the same time.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idn said:
Of course others can do that, but, by definition, they also have to share the code like he has. The code is licenced under GPL, which means that anyone can use it and change it however they want, the only requirement is sharing the changed code. Dragon didn't share his.
How do we know Dragon didnt share his? We dont even know where it came from Lol. it just appeared, like the opposite of charlie sheens children.
moogle.gif

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
ok so I have a DSTT clone (N5)...and when I run this as a .nds file, all I get is 2 white screens on my DS...can't do anything (can't go back to Moonshell nor access anything on Wood)

any suggestions?

in the mean time, I'm back with RGF's YSMenu which continues working like a charm for me (but ofcourse I can't play Jam With The Band which I so desperately want to
frown.gif
)

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mbmax said:
Gaboros said:
@bitonio6 I have a question about this version of wood.

Where and how did you found this? Someone told you about this or you just "magically" found it somewhere?
It was available on those dirty 2ch Japanese forums. You know, those forums where everyone can post their shit and it's not moderated.
Note that wood M3 was also released at the same time.
Somebody have posted a new 1.26 version but... with... a password!

And, impossible to find where is this password, so, people think it's a joke!!!

But im sure, a new and REAL 1.26 will come out very soon!

@ALL: This kernel is for TT, if it's work for you is good, otherwise, continue to use YSMenu

wink.gif

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:
ok so I have a DSTT clone (N5)...and when I run this as a .nds file, all I get is 2 white screens on my DS...can't do anything (can't go back to Moonshell nor access anything on Wood)

any suggestions?

in the mean time, I'm back with RGF's YSMenu which continues working like a charm for me (but ofcourse I can't play Jam With The Band which I so desperately want to
frown.gif
)

Try this repack I've made. I've mixed RGF and JPN .dat files. Working for me on Pokemon Black and white CLEAN and PATCHED roms. Try if this will fix Jam with the band.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XBT1EEFR

bitonio6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:

any suggestions?

frown.gif
)

Try this repack I've made. I've mixed RGF and JPN .dat files. Working for me on Pokemon Black and white CLEAN and PATCHED roms. Try if this will fix Jam with the band.

Please, if you want to talk about YSMenu you have many other thread to do that!

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:

any suggestions?

frown.gif
)

so this is a YSMenu pack right? I suspect my card is the culprit here and if it is then I might just have to live with YSMenu (which is fine as long as RGF keeps up his classy work)...in the mean time, I'll test your files as well

cheers!

p.s. RGF's update already works with the latest Pokemon games so that's a non-issue...its the few games that do not work currently (including JWTB) that lure me towards Wood

edit:

I have another q for y'all...apparently when I'm using the YSMenu by RGF, the size of my TTMENU.DAT and the size of TTMENU.NDS (or in my case, default.nds so it runs automatically to YSMenu bypassing MoonShell) is different

while with Wood, I'm basically copying the TTMENU.DAT and renaming it to TTMENU.NDS (so then I have 2 files .DAT and .NDS - albeit both being same size)...however this is what leads to the 2 white screens

am I doing something wrong perhaps?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:

any suggestions?

frown.gif
)

so this is a YSMenu pack right? I suspect my card is the culprit here and if it is then I might just have to live with YSMenu (which is fine as long as RGF keeps up his classy work)...in the mean time, I'll test your files as well

cheers!

p.s. RGF's update already works with the latest Pokemon games so that's a non-issue...its the few games that do not work currently (including JWTB) that lure me towards Wood
do you purposely ignore others? this is a wood for tt thread not a ysmenu thread. if you wanna talk ysmenu go to Retro Game Fans thread. it has all the info you need at the first post of the thread

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
pokefreak2008 said:
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:

any suggestions?

frown.gif
)

cheers!

do you purposely ignore others? this is a wood for tt thread not a ysmenu thread. if you wanna talk ysmenu go to Retro Game Fans thread. it has all the info you need at the first post of the thread

Kindly read my whole post...I'm here to talk about Wood, not YSMenu

if you can't be helpful, at least don't be condescending

also FYI, I can already use YSMenu so that's not my concern here...its the fact that Wood's not working for me and I wanna know why

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:
pokefreak2008 said:
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:

any suggestions?

frown.gif
)

cheers!

Kindly read my whole post...I'm here to talk about Wood, not YSMenu

if you can't be helpful, at least don't be condescending

also FYI, I can already use YSMenu so that's not my concern here...its the fact that Wood's not working for me and I wanna know why

Try renaming the WOOD4TT's "TTMENU.DAT" to your default firmware. Like for example, mine was iLL.iL. I've renamed the "TTMENU.DAT" to iLL.iL to boot automatically to WOOD4TT firmware.

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
animex2k9 said:
Try renaming the WOOD4TT's "TTMENU.DAT" to your default firmware. Like for example, mine was iLL.iL. I've renamed the "TTMENU.DAT" to iLL.iL to boot automatically to WOOD4TT firmware.

not sure what that maybe in my case...I do know however that I can access YSMenu by renaming TTMenu.DAT to default.nds

I tried the same for Wood but all I get are 2 white screens - which is a bit surprising since no-one seems to have mentioned this issue previously

p.s. Wood won't replace MoonShell would it? Coz that's my base firmware (I can't even access YSMenu without that)

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:

not sure what that maybe in my case...I do know however that I can access YSMenu by renaming TTMenu.DAT to default.nds

I tried the same for Wood but all I get are 2 white screens - which is a bit surprising since no-one seems to have mentioned this issue previously

p.s. Wood won't replace MoonShell would it? Coz that's my base firmware (I can't even access YSMenu without that)

What are the files in the root of your mms?

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:

default.nds (TTMenu.Dat renamed that came with Wood)
TTMenu.DAT (the one that came with YSMenu - I tried removing it as well but I can't even boot the nds file without this)
TTMenu.SYS (another YSMenu file)
_AX_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.SYS (MoonShell)
_DS_MSHL.NDS (MoonShell executable)

If I remove the last 4 MoonShell files, the DS stays stuck on a "loading" screen

the top 2 if I remove, I can't boot into YSMenu (or Wood)

Then I have a moonshl folder
one _system_ folder
and finally the _rpg folder that came with Wood

and the rest are the games

p.s. to boot into YSMenu, I would use "another" default.nds file which is the one that came with YSMenu files - using the Wood one just leads to the white screens

animex2k9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:
kooltilldend said:
animex2k9 said:

default.nds (TTMenu.Dat renamed that came with Wood)
TTMenu.DAT (the one that came with YSMenu - I tried removing it as well but I can't even boot the nds file without this)
TTMenu.SYS (another YSMenu file)
_AX_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.SYS (MoonShell)

If I remove the last 4 MoonShell files, the DS stays stuck on a "loading" screen

the top 2 if I remove, I can't boot into YSMenu (or Wood)

Then I have a moonshl folder
one _system_ folder
and finally the _rpg folder that came with Wood

and the rest are the games

Try renaming the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT to these names

_AX_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.SYS (MoonShell)

Try one by one. But I think it's _DS_MENU.DAT

kooltilldend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
animex2k9 said:
Try renaming the TTMENU.DAT of WOOD4TT to these names

_AX_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.DAT (MoonShell)
_DS_MENU.SYS (MoonShell)

Try one by one. But I think it's _DS_MENU.DAT

I thought R4 Clones cannot replace the original firmware? i.e. it has to be secondary boot...anyways I'll try it nonetheless

cheers for your help mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Start rubbing