FFXV UNCOVERED - GAME RELEASES SEPT 30TH - WRAP UP!

ffxv.png

Welcome to the live cover and wrap up of the Final Fantasy XV Uncovered event happening in LA today.

If you would like to watch the stream, click here. Otherwise, check out the live comments below!

- Sakaguchi takes the stage. Talks breifly about bringing Final Fantasy back to its challenging roots.
- New Trailer debut. Showing off more of the characters and gameplay, and more of the english dubbing.
- Colossal new enemies! The beasts in this game look nightmarish.
- Some... interesting choices in music. Stand by Me by Florence + The Machine
- CHOCOBOS SIGHTED!
- Looks like multiple different vehivles can be driven as well as different mounts available.
- Greg Miller and Tim Gettys appear
- Taking a look at the art design of the official cover for the game now. Looks immaculate.
- Looking at some of the musical production for the game now, specifically on the cover of stand by me for the game.
- Direct callout of Gamespot leaking the release date. That was the funniest thing of the night. STATED that it might not be true...
- New Gameplay shown. The map is enormous!
- Chocobo mount and Chocobo theme! Drifting Chocobos!
- Driving shown off. The radio looks like it can be messed with that can play multiple different final fantasy songs! Thats a neat touch.
- Time for battle gameplay! Warp strikes shown off more, new monsters including the enormous Behemoth,
- Environment footage shown. Multitude of cityscapes and sprawling plains, with wastelands and tundras mixed around. The game just looks like its own enormously gorgeous world.
- Character look ins. Noctis, Ingis, Gladio, and Prompto.
- A NEWLY REVEALED FIVE EPISODE PROLOGUE ANIME HAS BEEN REVEALED!
- FFXV ANIME IS AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW, FOR FREE, ON YOUTUBE!
- KINGSGLAIVE, a final fantasy XV movie in full CG, is coming this year in 2016.
- Lena Heady from Game of Thrones fame - Cersei Lanniester - Plays Luna in the FFXV CGI movie, as well as the character in the game itself.
- Sean Bean will also be in FFXV!
- AARON PAUL FROM BREAKING BAD IS HERE.
- Aaron Paul has a role in Kingsglaive as well. Plays the role of Nyx.
- KingsGlaive will be available before the game launches. No date yet.
- Minigames available for FFXV in the form of different arcade machines. Pinball, RPG's, and more!
- Justice Monsters Five is the name of the cool minigame
- A demo featuring Young Noctis called Platinum Demo will release soon. No date quite yet...
- Live play of the demo being shown. The frame rate looks solid.
- The Demo is Free of course, and is available TONIGHT!
- The deluxe edition of FFXV has been revealed! Includes an Exclusive Steelbook, The Kingsglaive bluray, and the game!
- The Ultimate Collectors edition has the art book, a play arts figure of noctis, a soundtrack, the movie, the game, a different steelbook, dlc items, and more! Only 30,000 units available, and will be LIVE IN ONE HOUR FOR PURCHASE!
- THE GAME IS AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 30TH 2016 - GAMESPOT was actually right!
- FINAL REVEAL - THE FUCKING CAR CAN FLY HOLY SHIT

:arrow:CHECK OUT EPISODE 1 OF BROTHERHOOD - FFXV ANIME

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watching that trailer just had me asking a lot of "what" and "why". They are in a world resembling ours, with all that technology, but there are still markets filled with people buying crap from stands on the street like they are in the 15th century. Looks like a bunch of crap that's not gonna add up in a genre that's taken a turn from traditional JRPG to a mish-mash of "lets add in God of War style action sequences, with Metal Gear style cut-scenes, and washed out gameplay". The game looks good visually, but I feel it's going to amount to a pile of crap.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather see a bravely third or something like that than the next useless final fantasy game that hasn't been final fantasy for ages now anymore. Bravely default and second were so much more final fantasy than any ff from the last ten years
Alright let's look at the last ten years. It is 2016, so all notable Final Fantasy games since 2006. Excluding remakes, ports, and expansions. My particular favorites in bold.

Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XIII
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Final Fantasy: The 4 Warriors of Light
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift
Final Fantasy XII

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy (Duodecim)
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years

Sick of people going around saying Square-Enix has been making bad Final Fantasy games when so many great, solid games have been released in the last 10 years in particular. This doesn't even include non-Final Fantasy games made by Square-Enix and they have been many amazing releases. (looking at you, Sleeping Dogs and Bravely Default!)

Still more hyped for Persona 5 tbh. but I'm stoked for this game.
need to play the demo when I'm back from work.
I don't care much for Persona but I am enthusiastic about it none-the-less.

I'm more of a fan of the Shin Megami Tensei games. I don't really like the weeaboo, animu themes that Persona keeps piggybacking on. (always mandatory hot spring/beach/health exam with scantily clad girls) I love the music and artstyle though. "Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem" and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (because of the health exam scene and voice acting) absolutely fucking disgusts me.

Last edited by Pluupy,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright let's look at the last ten years. It is 2016, so all notable Final Fantasy games since 2006. Excluding remakes, ports, and expansions. My particular favorites in bold.

Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XII

I admit FFXII is a nice game, let's call it the exception that proves the rule.
Everything else in the list are either:
  • Bad FFs
  • Fighting games (not a true FF)
  • Rhythm games (not a true FF)
  • Rebranded Sa Ga games (not a true FF)
  • Beautiful tactics games (not a true core FF)

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XII

Sick of people going around saying Square-Enix has been making bad Final Fantasy games when so many great, solid games have been released in the last 10 years in particular. This doesn't even include non-Final Fantasy games made by Square-Enix and they have been many amazing releases. (looking at you, Sleeping Dogs and Bravely Default!)

I don't care much for Persona but I am enthusiastic about it none-the-less.

I'm more of a fan of the Shin Megami Tensei games. I don't really like the weeaboo, animu themes that Persona keeps piggybacking on. (always mandatory hot spring/beach/health exam with scantily clad girls) I love the music and artstyle though. "Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem" and Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker (because of the health exam scene and voice acting) absolutely fucking disgusts me.

And which one of those you listed have the "real" good old FF feel to them? You know, like VII, IX and X had?

None.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I admit FFXII is a nice game, let's call it the exception that proves the rule.
FFXII was the last FF game I ever purchased. It was also the first FF game I did not complete because of how boring it was. I completed every single FF 1-X and X-2, Mystic Quest, Tactics, Tactics A1, skipped XI because it was online, and couldn't finish XII and A2. Those two games made me not like FF anymore.

Despite that, I was still able to complete all of XIII and the main story of XIII-2 because I found it less boring than XII.

Last edited by GameSystem,

SquallAdv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Game looks great, no doubt about it, but the gameplay reminds me a lot to Kingdom Hearts. I mean, that's not a bad thing actually, but kinda have the feeling that if Final Fantasy XV would've been released as 'Epic Adventure of 4 Zorros' I wouldn't have noticed that this is a Final Fantasy at all. Maybe that's a good thing these days?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game looks great, no doubt about it, but the gameplay reminds me a lot to Kingdom Hearts. I mean, that's not a bad thing actually, but kinda have the feeling that if Final Fantasy XV would've been released as 'Epic Adventure of 4 Zorros' I wouldn't have noticed that this is a Final Fantasy at all. Maybe that's a good thing these days?
What makes a game "Final Fantasy" is different for each person. For some people it's the (now replaced) gameplay. For others it's the world-trekking story infused with both serious and light-hearted moments. And for some people, it's anything that involves chocobos. We can't expect them to follow the same exact formula over a dozen times, so naturally they change it up now and then. There will always be someone who dislikes a new or changed feature, no matter what. And hopefully, a different gameplay won't dissuade you, me, or anyone else from playing the latest installment of a series that we love (according to your screenname and avatar, as well as mine). Will it suck? Possibly... but declaring that as if fact, 6 months before the game is even scheduled to be released, won't help.

Reactions: SquallAdv

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And which one of those you listed have the "real" good old FF feel to them? You know, like VII, IX and X had?

None.
You want to talk about "old FF feel" but mention 10, 9, and 7? wut.

I literally have Final Fantasy IV on that list and 4 Warriors of Light, which cannot get any more old school Final Fantasy.

Troll harder please.

FFXII was the last FF game I ever purchased. It was also the first FF game I did not complete because of how boring it was. I completed every single FF 1-X and X-2, Mystic Quest, Tactics, Tactics A1, skipped XI because it was online, and couldn't finish XII and A2. Those two games made me not like FF anymore.

Despite that, I was still able to complete all of XIII and the main story of XIII-2 because I found it less boring than XII.
Wait--you played Tactics but somehow found Final Fantasy XII boring? Wat.

Last edited by Pluupy,

SquallAdv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
What makes a game "Final Fantasy" is different for each person. For some people it's the (now replaced) gameplay. For others it's the world-trekking story infused with both serious and light-hearted moments. And for some people, it's anything that involves chocobos. We can't expect them to follow the same exact formula over a dozen times, so naturally they change it up now and then. There will always be someone who dislikes a new or changed feature, no matter what. And hopefully, a different gameplay won't dissuade you, me, or anyone else from playing the latest installment of a series that we love (according to your screenname and avatar, as well as mine). Will it suck? Possibly... but declaring that as if fact, 6 months before the game is even scheduled to be released, won't help.

Sure thing! My Kingdom Hearts comment was just like a personal thought when I watched the latest trailer 'feels like a new Kingdom Hearts!', but that's actually not really a bad thing. All in all is like you said, everything is in constant evolution, as well as games, and if this is the next step for Final Fantasy cheers to that! Game looks awesome and the story seems quite interesting, characters well... we'll see, but overall I think FFXV might be the right step for Final Fantasy to recover the respect and love it gained over the years, old times when 'the next Final Fantasy...' was the same as be super excited and say with pride: 'HOLY ****, this is the next FINAL FANTASY!'. I'm sure you know what I mean.

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
Can they stop letting Nomura produce all these games? I like the realistic characters, but come on. They all look like they came of out a J-Rock concert.

I like that they can now have a living, breathing world with other people, cars, etc, passing you by as you traverse, but games like Assassin's Creed have been doing that for years.

When they announced that they would only release this on PS4, that pissed me off. They're pretty much working on porting all the Final Fantasy games to Steam, but for some reason they've skipped this one. PCs can handle this game, that's not an excuse.

Last edited by GuyInDogSuit,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

SquallAdv

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Can they stop letting Nomura produce all these games? I like the realistic characters, but come on. They all look like they came of out a J-Rock concert.

I like that they can now have a living, breathing world with other people, cars, etc, passing you by as you traverse, but games like Assassin's Creed have been doing that for years.

When they announced that they would only release this on PS4, that pissed me off. They're pretty much working on porting all the Final Fantasy games to Steam, but for some reason they've skipped this one. PCs can handle this game, that's not an excuse.

Don't worry, sooner or later FFXV will be released on PC, that's a fact!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Back when I was messing with it the UI kinda sucked but it worked fine