Hacking Feature request thread!

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, I'm sorry if this has been posted before, but I don't think it has... Currently, I think that the acekard has the most potential because the source code is out there.

Features that I think would boost acekard's status even more would be:

RTS/ save states
slow motion
music playing while gaming?

This is not to bug the devs, just dreaming/brainstorming...

Please post if you have any ideas! =)

deethebee

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
i think akaio could use more 3in1 options
like in game cheats
universal sleep actually working
maybe have multiple save slots like in gbaexploader
gbasp.gif

the features above mine would also be great
yaynds.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wishlist would be Real Time Save, Slow Motion, DSi features (including acess to the SD slot, cameras etc), In-Game Menu (with options for RTS, slow mo, cheat list, brightness settings, text viewer etc), Cheat Editor, per Save Slot Cheats (different cheats for different save slots) and many others.

But realistically, not going to happen. And you're going to get an arsing from Norm when he sees this.

Edit: I like the idea of listening to music whilst playing a game, even though it's highly improbable.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
hmmmmmm,
features to be added on AKAIO ?
and
is normmatt doing all these things for free?

maybe we should send emails to team acekard to get them implement these
afterall, they are the one that collecting the CASH
tongue.gif

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normatt, please don't get angry at this thread. This is just for discussion/dreaming. We aren't demanding this. This is for t3h lols. I know most is improbable of implemention.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A forum with less newbs asking for things rather than being thankful for the current (awesome) state of AKAIO.

To the OP, Norm has stated many times RTS/slo-mo will not happen unless Team AK decide to implement it.

Seeing as the official OS is lacking many features provided by AKAIO, I cant see this happening any time soon (would love to be proven wrong).

monstar34

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you would have read through the thread booger said the thread was for laughes. It's not to be taken to seriously. Just one of those I'm bored man I wish my acekard could make me popcorn and had a cup holder threads. lighten up
smile.gif

Tell you the truth I'm totally happy with my acekard with akiao. I don't like real time save. Kind of takes the whole fun out of beating the game. If you have a redo button.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
Congrats.

you decided to post a thread just to have a "lul" at RTS/Slow Mo/In Game crap that we've said on numerous occasions the very mention of will turn us to cease coding.

I ain't touched the source in some time and between the "HOW I TURN ON DS" threads and these oh-so-regular "here's just my wishlist thread so 10 people can post they want RTS" I still ain't going near.

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh nice!

I'd like an option for DS Phat to turn on/off the backlight in the GUI
soft reset on homebrew
.cht compatible with GBA games

whatup777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SHUT UP EVERYBODY!!!! IF YOU WAN'T IT GO CODE IT YOURSELF FOR A CHANGE. NORM,SMITHS,AND GELU ARE WORKING HARD AND HAVE FAR EXEDED MEH EXPECTATIONS. YOU ROCK AKAIO TEAM. (GO BUG ACEKARD FOR YOU DREAMS)
hate2.gif
mad.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
whats funny about this is that smiths isn't kidding. i know for a fact he isn't touching the source. norm has also not been doing much with it. the wiki says that rts/slow motion/etc will not be implemented and to contact [email protected] to request these features. this topic was not needed and should be locked at this point.

-another world

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is a little bit of overeacting going on in this thread... As far as I'm seeing not a single person demanded anything. They are only stating what they'd like to see, which there shouldn't be anything wrong with.

There is a big difference between the posts "Hey, it'd be cool if we saw this feature" versus "what the F*** why doesn't AKAIO have this feature? This software sucks because it doesn't have it."

Most people who develope free software understand this distinction and sometimes you can cause just as much harm taking offense for something you shouldn't be, as attempting to cause harm to begin with.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pointless thread.

Why do people need RTS or Slow Mo anyways? I mean do they suck that bad with games that they need to SLOW it down to accomplish something? Go a few rounds with Brain Age or something, maybe that will speed UP your brain so you won't need slo mo. RTS is one of those gimmicks that card makers put in to sell their product. Save the game where it was meant to be saved, sheesh.

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is for the novelty. Just like cheats. I'm good at games, but cheats make the game more fun because of the glitches. Same with slowmo. Impossible tas like speedruns? Yes. That's what it's used for in my opinion. And can i ask why slow motion was removed? I never realized why... Was it too buggy, incompatible, or something?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@koji2009: yet the point remains that both devs for the akaio firmware have stated that they will not implement these features. they have both said for people to not ask for them and to bug the team about them. neither norm or smiths receives a dime for their work on akaio. very few people contribute to the project in anyway. smiths has also gone on to say that the only respect he wants is for people to stop asking for these things.

what this thread shows is another user's lack of using the search feature, asking questions and reading the wiki.

-another world

boogerlad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sorry, please close and delete this useless thread. Before you do that though, why was slow motion deleted from akaio. It was there before, but they took it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol