FC30 Bluetooth Controller Contest: Week 2

Xenirina

Scener
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, the Windows 8 version. But yeah. Nothing like drawing pixel art one pixel at a time~

:P
I'm on Windows 7.

Here's attempt one.

removed

Attempt #2

BK020HT.gif

sevenstitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Graphics Gale. It isn't free, but it has a decent trial version.

It has just about every feature that anyone who works with pixels could want.

Also, my original post has been updated with my current entry.

WarMachine77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could only do this with the relatively short notice (I have better, published work, but..)

Also, respectfully, I'd like to say that I felt like the requirements kept changing. I initially was going to submit an animation keeping in the confines of the color limits of the 8/16 bit era.

That being said, here goes;

qZlb1a4.png

I wish there were a ranking system. I'm usually confident, but two entries have wowed me here.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok this is my entry, as you can see I used my own photo (look my profile pic) and from scratch I made my "8 bitized" version of "ME"ario in fireball outfit. I used paint and Gimp to edit this sprite, I used a custom palette almost accurate as the NES real colors. At first I wanted to make a tiny sprite, kind of a 64x64 pixels, but then I came with the idea of how fun would be if I could make my own pixel art based on Mario, I sincerely laughed hard with the final result. Nice contest! :wink:

zsjRknT.png

Reactions: Slamicite

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
batman-final17-flat.png

Its 11:50PM here in Philippines. :) I know it ends on PST so i still got time to work on it. :) I'll just upload this just to be safe. (if it isnt just tell me okay? ill revert it to my first post) (my original post)
[full description later]

batman-final25x-1-4-flat.png

Here's my entry :) (first one's my entry the zoom one is for viewers so that they wont squint their eyes and have trouble zooming checking it out :P )
My costume and unique interpretation of Batman with a mixture of Hush and the NES Sunsoft series. I wanted a really new looking style of pixel art.

I read the rules, and I thought having no color/dimension/technical limitations was interesting. Mostly in pixel art you are given a very low dimension, 32x32, tiled, etc. This is the reason why most games look the same and also you couldnt find a game that has that cape look, i also made sure it still looks pixel art.
Color-wise, pixel art is limited to 16 palletes and the like, and you cant use gradients. in the 8 bit and 16 bit territory, you can mostly use highly saturated colors, which is why most games look so bright.

Tl;dr : I challenged myself to make something the no-limitation rule allows. I tried making something unique, a style i havent seen from any game videogame.
If there are rules I broke just tell me and ill try to fix that.

Tho everything was done from scratch, including the palette. I did have a feeling i instinctive had these as inspirations.
Inspirations:
Sunsoft's Batman Series (Personally i wish a sunsoft batman and ROTJ batman game would look like this. xD)
Old school Batman
Jim Lee's Batman Hush and Jim Lee's black inks. (I'm a jim lee comic book fan)
Fighting games and Final Fantasy style Enemies.

Work Hours:
10 hours+ (most of it was thinking of what should i make tho.)
pretty obvious I really wanted the price huh ^^"

Hopefully you would like it guys :

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, respectfully, I'd like to say that I felt like the requirements kept changing. I initially was going to submit an animation keeping in the confines of the color limits of the 8/16 bit era.

I'd respectfully like to say that the rules did not change, but were clarified and elaborated on. TwinRetro's original post remains unedited since Tuesday. The scope of the entries was too large and had to be reduced.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hmm, hi there, long time no see (hmmm, loooong time)...

I was just lurking around and saw the front page announcement and decided to join in...
Since i'm not really good on any editing, I'll just post here an edit I did a looong time ago, back when I had an sprite comic.

Bus.png

It's kind of a "local bus"...

Hohoho.png
Hohoho.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Since i'm not really good on any editing, I'll just post here an edit I did a looong time ago, back when I had an sprite comic.

4. Plagiarism is a no no. If your art is found on another site, you may not submit it. This extends to art you may have submitted or published to other sites under your own name.

unfortunately pre-existing art cannot be submitted. your entry must be new/made specifically for this contest

camochase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man alot of these are really good T-T i was hoping i would just get by with all the actual spriting people not seeing the post xD

SoulAnger

MENUdo's Developer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
animating this thing would be a bloody nightmare XD at least for me :P is it really 32x32 pixels :O looks awesome though
It isnt, what i said was i didnt use the usual size limitation that pixel arts have because the rules states we dont have a limit. Its the first time i did something crazy like this. Oh and because we only need one static frame, thats also the reason why I made something as detailed and nightmarish like that. Making best out of the rules (or no rules) thats the point of competitions right? xD
But I think you can still animate that, the first step is just always the hardest

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1