Hacking Fatal Frame 4 English Translation Patch

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of a Captain Rainbow translation?!?! Aside from that question Thanks soo much for the translation. Now I just need to wait for a way that this translation can be used with CiosCorp users.
tongue.gif

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa whoa whoa you might want to remove that huge guide.

People here are discussing the patch and how it works with the actual copy of the game and plus the people who made it ara kind of against piracy.

Anyway, back on topic:
I pre-ordered mine from playasia. Price was a bit high for a Wii game, but I figured it's worth it. Should be here in a week! I'll reply with my experience with the patch as soon as it gets here.

EDIT: @LightyKD

I agree, a Captain Rainbow translation would be swell. Now to find a group of people that know Japanese and are interested in the game. Not to mention willing to spend time on the translation.

lilbro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LeonardoGolden said:

People here are discussing the patch and how it works with the actual copy of the game and plus the people who made it ara kind of against piracy.

No they aren't. The guy said that on the second page I think. It had nothing to do with anti-piracy. He said later on that he intended to make a patch for the other play methods later.

is this game work with usb loaders?

Fatal Frame 4 + Patch English [MULTI2][WII-Scrubber]
Sadly I actually "acquired" that version today without thoroughly looking for it. It was the the dump with the bad partitions that I had previously "acquired" and the patch in a single torrent but seperate. I thought it was a version that was actually patched already but it isn't.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilbro said:
LeonardoGolden said:

No they aren't. The guy said that on the second page I think. It had nothing to do with anti-piracy. He said later on that he intended to make a patch for the other play methods later.

Oh, ok. I misunderstood from the way they acted in their FAQ and such.

Jugiatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, great job on the patch and everything, since the game isn't going to be localized I am about to order it but before I do I have a question.

The Wii is region locked if I remember correctly, so does your patch make it so that I can play this JP version of FF4 on my US Wii? Sorry for the terrible question but I don't feel like paying $70 if this isn't going to work.

misteromar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jugiatsu said:
Hey man, great job on the patch and everything, since the game isn't going to be localized I am about to order it but before I do I have a question.

The Wii is region locked if I remember correctly, so does your patch make it so that I can play this JP version of FF4 on my US Wii? Sorry for the terrible question but I don't feel like paying $70 if this isn't going to work.

Yeah man, it will work for you.

k4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
askoeho said:
Hello! I noticed that there was not any clear instructions how to make your own patched iso of the game. I haven't made the next instructions, I just happened to find them on the dolphin-emu forums. I hope it's ok to post the instructions here as well.

QUOTE said:
You need Wiiscrubber (1.4) + partitionbuilder (1.1).

Load ISO in wiiscrubber

Extracting key partition files:
1. Expand Partition:2 (DATA)
2. Right click + extract the following files:
-partition.bin
-boot.bin
-bi2.bin
-apploader.img
-main.dol

Save them all to a folder like "ff4sys" or something.

Data files: Right click Partition:2 (DATA) -> Unencrypted Partition -> Extract
Save to a folder like "ff4data" or whatever you want.

Patch files: Download + Extract the patch files. You need to copy these to the appropriate folders in the data files partition you extracted ("ff4data" in my example). These are the corresponding paths:
BigFontGhostList -> Hide\Item
Chapters -> RSL
Credits -> RSL
Item -> Hide\Item
Menu -> Miya
Miya -> Miya
RSL -> RSL
SmallFontGhostlist -> Hide\Item
Songs -> SND\STREAM

Rebuilding the partition:
1. Open partitionbuilder.exe (make sure you have version 1.1!!)
2. Load up the files it needs (extracted to "ff4sys" in my example).
3. Source file directory is the data partition you extracted to a folder ("ff4data" in my example).
4. Click build, remember the filename you saved it as.
5. Wait. When it finishes, exit partitionbuilder.

Back to Wiiscrubber:
1. Right click Partition:2 (DATA) -> Unencrypted Partition -> Load -> Open the partition img you built in partitionbuilder.
2. Wait. Once it finishes you can exit Wiiscrubber and you'll be all set.

Have fun.

Great work, many thanks!
I have a question though. I already did everything till the "back to wiiscruber" part, but I dont know how to right click the partition (data) I just altered. I had to load again the original ISO, but also then I get the original partition (data) without the copied translated files (also a partition [update] appears). Should I delete that one and replace it with the ff4data one? If so, how do I do that?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind. All the data is already inside the img file. =P

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
marinos35 said:
I noticed that
D1304.RSL
was at RSL and at Credits
Both folders replace RSL at disk

Also the font folders had
._.DS_Store
Wonder if any of that has to do with the partition coming out wrong for me. Hmm.

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
k4ever said:
Great work, many thanks!
I have a question though. I already did everything till the "back to wiiscruber" part, but I dont know how to right click the partition (data) I just altered. I had to load again the original ISO, but also then I get the original partition (data) without the copied translated files (also a partition [update] appears). Should I delete that one and replace it with the ff4data one? If so, how do I do that?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Nevermind. All the data is already inside the img file. =P

So, is it supposed to work on USB Loader ? Thanks !

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, I got the ISO to build properly using partitionbuilder 1.2-test. Sweet.

EDIT: At least it looked right in WiiScrubber. Dolphin still didn't recognize it though. Whatever.

Riicky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I rebuilt the ISO twice:

First by extracting the while data partition and replacing all files,and rebuilding the partiton
Second by replacing each file 1 by 1 in wiiscrubber

the first method gave me a "Bad" ISO, but plays fine from USB from what I can tell; the second method didn't say "Bad" and also plays well from ISO

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is that when it says BAD I can't run it through wbfs_file. When I do, the resulting file is really small since seems to only copy the update partition. XD

Unfortunately the same thing happened when the ISO appeared correctly in WiiScrubber, so I dunno.

Peache

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
.Radiant said:
does anyone else get muddled up ghost names when they take photos? i'll try get a cap of what im talking about.

edit: like this
md03dc.jpg

This problem doesn't happen to me with ghost names, it only happend to me for the second switch puzzle. (Getting the power restored to the elevator). All the words are jumbled up for me. No biggie. I could see the jumbled up ghost names being annoying though
frown.gif

I have to ask are you running this through USB? I had the problem with the words when I was running it through USB (Swaped the files with Wiiscrubber). I'll have to check using patching/normal disc method and see if I can get the same problem. Only thing is I went way passed it now, so i really can't test it
tongue.gif

Edit: Just read on Beyond Camera Lens message board that another user has the same problem I've got but he's using the patch method. :/

BanditKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your great work! I hate english dubs anyways and this makes the game in english text and japanese voices like it should be since it's a japanese based game in japan.

I dunno why you don't support "backups" in order to use this patch you have to make a backup with supposed retail disk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P