Fantasy Life Getting A Sequel On IOS and Android

D

Deleted User

Ah, shit. I don't even have an Apple or Android device, so I won't be able to play it properly. :^(
I also hate Bluestacks, which would be the only way I could play this game. I only use it for Kik, and even then it seldom works.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Aw, man... My phone is absolute trash, so playing it is out of the question. Sad, I really enjoyed the first game...

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I consider Fantasy Life for 3DS a cash grab as well. Origin Island was on-cart DLC that was locked out for no reason. If they were willing to stoop that low for 3DS, I'm scared to see what happens on a smartphone.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I consider Fantasy Life for 3DS a cash grab as well. Origin Island was on-cart DLC that was locked out for no reason. If they were willing to stoop that low for 3DS, I'm scared to see what happens on a smartphone.
Especially since Origin Island was not a DLC in the Japanese version of the game.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This. Smart devices were the perfect system for the first FL, as it was easily the most cashgrab game of the system, it was built purely for DLC, and the pricing was atrocious. Rather than being disappointed it may turn out bad, I'm glad the franchise found its real home.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I think most smartphone game are for poor and casual people who don't have enough money to afford a real game console.

The biggest problem with smartphone is that it wasn't design for gaming, but instead it was design for multipurpose entertainment. So when it come to game, they will mostly choose to low down gameplay to fit the system, because smartphone are small and thin, it can't take extreme gameplay nor have difficult control, also your thumb on the screen all the time can block most of visual. You can argue with that by adding a controller, but then it will end up become a cheap knock-off of a handheld, and not every game can suppose that either because game developer will want focus on the one without the controller mostly.

So in the end, no one buy smartphone to play game nor buy dedicate game for it. They buy phone to call, send messenger, go to FB then end up buying some game just to kill the time. That why making RPG dedicate only for smartphone is a stupid choice. That why this game will probably disappear like Rockman Xover, The World Ends with You: Solo Remix and dozen of other port.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It adds a ton of things, true that's locked by no reason, but still is better than other DLC's out there (One Piece Unlimited World RED, for example)

Especially since Origin Island was not a DLC in the Japanese version of the game.
True, it was not a DLC in the japanese version, it was another game.
First they released "Fantasy Life", and then they released "Fantasy life Link!" in which they added the possibility of picking 3 objects at the same time to bring to "scan" , the link option, all the Origin Island inside and a lot of things i can't count.

On topic, i would loved and bought it if it were for 3DS...

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That was Nintendo decision for when they published out side of Japan. Like 100% profit for the "DLC" went to them

EDIT: And Many Android games won't let you install a game even when the device is above the needed specs if the device is a wifi only device. My tablet for example can't official install dragon quest 8 because it is a wifi only model. Mean while my previous old crappy phone that can barely run it without a stable framerate, can.

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I LOVED the original. One of the best 3ds games, if not the best. A family-friendly Skyrim on a handheld. VERY underrated by the "professional" critics...

Since Nintendo has done a lot to lose me as a potential customer for the 3DS successor, Fantasy Life being on Android (i own lots of Android devices) makes the decision even more easy. Level-5 is too good of a company to limit itself on Nintendo's consoles...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I LOVED the original. One of the best 3ds games, if not the best. A family-friendly Skyrim on a handheld. VERY underrated by the "professional" critics...

Since Nintendo has done a lot to lose me as a potential customer for the 3DS successor, Fantasy Life being on Android (i own lots of Android devices) makes the decision even more easy. Level-5 is too good of a company to limit itself on Nintendo's consoles...

Are you sure about that? Even if it turns into one of those crappy "pay or wait" games just like pretty much every other Android game? And if so, how much do you plan on spending on whatever IAP currency they come up with.

Reactions: Skelletonike

TemplarGR

Gaming expert
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Are you sure about that? Even if it turns into one of those crappy "pay or wait" games just like pretty much every other Android game? And if so, how much do you plan on spending on whatever IAP currency they come up with.

It may be a pay or wait game, or may not. Not all games for mobile platforms are freemium. There are quality titles out there, and i am sure that many video game companies have realized that. Level-5 are not stupid, they have extensive experience as a "hard core" gaming company, and they know they can't afford to lose their fans. They don't have the size to compete with mobile behemoths many times their size, so they have to offer something different to compete. We have enough "sagas" and "clashes" out there...

I am pretty sure gaming on mobile will improve considerably during the next years. For one, those devices have incredible specs, even a low cost mobile phone is far more powerful than a N3DS. Second, there is a really large install base for those games. Not all want to play stupid time wasters. There is room for AAA games on mobile devices.

I own many AAA games on my Android tablet. My tablet has physical gamepad buttons attached too. I love playing the GTAs on the thing, banner saga, valiant hearts, xcom etc, games that are ported from the PC, most of them AAA... There is Star Wars KOTOR as well, Max Payne, Baldur's Gate and other games i don't remember right now...

True, most are old games and many people have already played them, myself included. But many more have not. There is a market for those. Just be patient, the mobile gaming market is still on a transition phase.

Reactions: Nightwish

sethirion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked Fantasy Life but felt like it could have more expansion with DLC's. It could have room for customization, modes, NPC's, etc. I have noted that it is way better in multi-player than doing yourself every Life to get stuff.

In this second version I hope they can have compatibility for the devices that were made for gaming, since many games have a fixed screen orientation; on the nVIDIA Shield Portable would be a great game since the controller is already embedded. If they do just a lot of micro-transaction a la Sim City fro mobile, then people are not really going to enjoy this.

They can do the opposite and create a great game that can be expanded even further since Android is a much used platform: TV, gaming devices, Ouya, etc. I do not know if Level-5 has dropped support for Fantasy Life (3DS) but it feels like that up to this date.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.