0ddity

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Let me start by saying I've read the FAQ, and several other fake dstt threads, but my question hasn't been answered, so I'm making another one.

I bought my DSTT from gamersection.ca, because I wanted to buy from a retailer inside Canada, not China. Now I want to know if my DSTT is real. I've been using it about a month, using the latest unofficial firmware w/ fake killer disabled from here.

Packaging was the new style plastic one without a TF reader, not the old cardboard type.

Sticker:
e6aopk.png

Shows the real DSTT website.

Under the sticker there was a very slight bump, I remember reading that first editions of the card had this, but that they fixed it later on, so I took off the sticker to see what the chip said:

2h7h27l.png

An AMD boot/flash memory chip.

On the back, there are no numbers, not sure if thats good or bad.

2a4qxq0.jpg

The SD reader is black plastic, and not spring loaded.

It's not terribly important if its real or fake, it works just fine using ysmenu and pong and retros updates, I'm just very curious about this card, as it has features of the old cards (chip window under sticker) and features of the newer cards (no spring loaded slot) so if anyone can tell me anything about it with the information provided (I really don't want to take it apart), I'd appreciate it, thanks.

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
if you have a Blue PCB = FAKE!!!
if you have green PCB = it can be a genuin !!!
if you have red PCB = it can be a genuin !!!

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Thanks a lot for the nice pictures. I'm a bit sad that you removed the sticker. I did that once to one of my DSTTis and I don't like that one anymore...

I think it's not really important if your DSTT is "real" or "fake". You can get a "real" DSTT for $5 at Shoptemp. Seriously, it doesn't matter. It's nothing special, it's a cheap chip from China, that's it.

Although it's funny that we DSTT user establish a cult with this card.

ttds1.jpg

That's a "real" DSTT from Team Neo / Neoflash. I'd really like to have one of those. Really. It's so ugly, it's unbeliebable. And i'm sure it was $80-$120 back in 2007. lol.

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
DarthTheufel said:
Thanks a lot for the nice pictures. I'm a bit sad that you removed the sticker. I did that once to one of my DSTTis and I don't like that one anymore...

I think it's not really important if your DSTT is "real" or "fake". You can get a "real" DSTT for $5 at Shoptemp. Seriously, it doesn't matter. It's nothing special, it's a cheap chip from China, that's it.

Although it's funny that we DSTT user establish a cult with this card.

ttds1.jpg

That's a "real" DSTT from Team Neo / Neoflash. I'd really like to have one of those. Really. It's so ugly, it's unbeliebable. And i'm sure it was $80-$120 back in 2007. lol.

I think it looks really trippy. Honestly o_o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol