Homebrew Factory reset

sidewaystrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to do a complete factory reset on a DSiXL?

I've all ready tried:
- formatting the system memory, and all it did was wipe all pictures, audio files, ect.
- removing battery pack for appx. 5 minutes, and reinserting.

all of the above haven't worked.

My son updated the system, with out realizing it wouldn't allow the flashcard to work anymore. About ready to trash it if it can't be undone.

Thanks for any and all information you can give.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you CAN NOT downgrade

when you update you system

THERE IS NO GOING BACK

if you have updated to 1.4.3 that is NOW the default FW
so doing a Factory reset the dsi will still be 1.4.3

get a new flash card or get a 1.4.3 fix update for your card

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidewaystrain said:

I've all ready tried:
- formatting the system memory, and all it did was wipe all pictures, audio files, ect.

My son updated the system, with out realizing it wouldn't allow the flashcard to work anymore. About ready to trash it if it can't be undone.

nuuuuuuu don't trash it! bye a flashcart firmware updater from the same maker, what flashcart is it?

sidewaystrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thela_kid said:
sidewaystrain said:

I've all ready tried:

nuuuuuuu don't trash it! bye a flashcart firmware updater from the same maker, what flashcart is it?

It's a TTs. My husband got it for him on a recent trip to S. Korea.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidewaystrain said:
thela_kid said:
sidewaystrain said:

I've all ready tried:

It's a TTs. My husband got it for him on a recent trip to S. Korea.

hm I don't know much about that one. Anyone elsee know if it has a usb firmware updater?

sidewaystrain

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sidewaystrain said:
Well now I think that the card is a fake. The front is up to standards, but the back is not. LOL go figure.

Just confirmed it. Husband says he tried to download a new game to it, and it wouldn't work, even though the card has plenty room for more downloads.

So I guess my next question will be what flashcart should I get that will work on the updated DS? Also will I be able to transfer the games on the old card to the new card?

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi you will also need a Micro SD card (2GB can hold about 20 games and should be fairly enough for young children use)

Also check to get an Acekard2i already flashed by the shop to bypass 1.4.3 firmware (maybe little fee to pay for the service) and that it comes with a Micro SD usb reader (maybe have to buy one separately but it is low cost)

You can chose a shop from this page : http://shoptemp.net/products/Acekard-2i.html

I often read positive feedback about "Real Hot Stuff" shop (though, maybe wait for actual customers to advice you better than me maybe.. my last buy was from shoptemp when it was still selling so i can't tell from my own experience on that one)

Flashcard + flashing frimware + micro Sd + usb reader should not get higher than 50bucks all in all (port included)

Happy shopping!
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I don't agree to one part
QUOTE said:
Hi you will also need a Micro SD card (2GB can hold about 20 games and should be fairly enough for young children use)

Some games are bigger in size then others,there are 8MB, 16MB, 32MB, 64MB, 128MB and 256MB(and some others that are "cut")

I reccomend at least 4GB
smile.gif

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
sidewaystrain said:
Just confirmed it. Husband says he tried to download a new game to it, and it wouldn't work, even though the card has plenty room for more downloads.

So I guess my next question will be what flashcart should I get that will work on the updated DS? Also will I be able to transfer the games on the old card to the new card?

Get a Supercard dstwo.

lemmymet

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
tommynoel.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hyro-Sama said:
sidewaystrain said:

Get a Supercard dstwo.
For simple gaming it`s too expensive, the supercard dstwo is more for the pepole that want also play gba-games on a dsi

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
lemmymet said:
Hyro-Sama said:
sidewaystrain said:

Get a Supercard dstwo.
For simple gaming it`s too expensive, the supercard dstwo is more for the pepole that want also play gba-games on a dsi
This, exactly.. SCDTWO is overrated apart from a cool video player, the GBA and SNES emu are barely just decent (i strongly suggest to get a PSP if you want those emulated on a handheld accurately and actually greatly)

Stick with Acekard2i
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game