Gaming FABLE 4

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll give Molyneux the benefit of the doubt. The whole rail shooting doesn't seem like it will work, but he generally tends to produce fine games (even if he over-hypes them to death).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After Fable 3 there is absolutely nothing they could do that would be worse.

They've not only killed Fable, they molested it, burned it alive, revived it, molested it, threw it off a cliff, revived it, chopped it into little bits, summoned its ghost, molested it, and then banished its ghost into the confines of Hell.

The way they went from an incredibly awesome RPG like Fable 1, to Fable 2...to Fable 3, is astonishing. Lionhead should get medals for successfully ruining a good game worse than any game dev ever has before.

/rant

Reactions: 1 person

serpenter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, that on-rails fable at E3 isn't fable 4 though. Fable 3 was quite bad, in comparison to the first fable, and the less magnificent second fable.
To consider it anything other than fables answer to "Links Crossbow Training" would be ridiculous.

I do hope they return to old style fable for the next game... That'd really renew my interest in the series.

JohnBotkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I just hope that they clean up their act and stay far, far away from kinect. Fable 3 was ok in my opinion but not as good as either of it's predecessors. Fable one being the best, but I still enjoyed 2. I don't see myself playing this game anytime ever. Sorry for the reply being so late, lost net for a short while.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fable 3 is my favorite of the Albion trilogy actually. The guild seals was a much better system than the different XPs. I liked how the hall carried the clothes, weapons and dyes. I rarely used more than 2 spells anyway in the other games.

What I missed was the expressions system and a growing health meter.

Besides those two things and a few rarely seen crash threw ground error, the 3rd game was/is perfect.

I can't comment on the two big pieces of DLC, as I have yet to buy them.

BTW: Journey isn't fable 4. It's a side story that shows how Albion ends and a new country is found or formed.

Fable 4 will be set in the new place after Journey and so will at least 2 further sequels.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT