aoikurayami

dysfunctionally intimidating
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This explains basically everything regarding SO
(Sure, Lemme read 100 books on webdev & javascript, develop cellulite and suffer from poor eyesight b4 posting there UGH)

F̲e̲d̲ ̲u̲p̲ ̲w̲i̲t̲h̲ ̲O̲P̲'̲s̲ ̲w̲a̲l̲l̲ ̲o̲f̲ ̲h̲i̲d̲e̲o̲u̲s̲ ̲s̲p̲a̲g̲h̲e̲t̲t̲i̲ ̲c̲o̲d̲e̲?̲ ̲D̲o̲w̲n̲v̲o̲t̲e̲ ̲a̲n̲d̲ ̲m̲o̲v̲e̲ ̲o̲n̲.̲ ̲
̲B̲r̲o̲w̲s̲e̲ ̲y̲o̲u̲r̲ ̲f̲a̲v̲o̲r̲i̲t̲e̲ ̲t̲a̲g̲s̲,̲ ̲o̲p̲e̲n̲ ̲a̲ ̲d̲o̲z̲e̲n̲ ̲q̲u̲e̲s̲t̲i̲o̲n̲s̲ ̲i̲n̲ ̲n̲e̲w̲ ̲t̲a̲b̲s̲,̲ ̲a̲n̲d̲ ̲d̲o̲n̲'̲t̲ ̲e̲v̲e̲n̲ ̲t̲r̲y̲ ̲t̲o̲ ̲p̲a̲r̲s̲e̲ ̲t̲h̲e̲ ̲q̲u̲e̲s̲t̲i̲o̲n̲ ̲i̲f̲ ̲i̲t̲'̲s̲ ̲o̲b̲v̲i̲o̲u̲s̲l̲y̲ ̲l̲o̲w̲ ̲q̲u̲a̲l̲i̲t̲y̲:̲ ̲d̲o̲w̲n̲v̲o̲t̲e̲ ̲a̲n̲d̲ ̲m̲o̲v̲e̲ ̲o̲n̲.̲

https://meta.stackoverflow.com/questions/252677/when-is-it-justifiable-to-downvote-a-question

TLDR:
If you need aholes en masse, SO is your place.

How Elitistic can you get ?

This one has aged like fine wine

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Just ask ChatGPT instead 😀
You're an idiot like the rest of you AI bastards. Monkey see, monkey do, monkey brick.
Post automatically merged:

Anyway, with that out of the way, this site is a lot better. Seriously. I've gotten better JS/HTML support on here than on stack overflow.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
That's why you don't post any question yourself, just search for a similar one that didn't get downvoted :ha:

Anyway, we need to start a new website for coding questions with a lower barrier to entry. Somewhere people can ask more basic questions. Call it Stack Overflow Lite. Stack Overflow Babies. Stacking Toy Overflow.

:tpi:

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
You are trying to get an answer to a problem you are struggling with. There is people working at fortune 500 companies making money by making shit questions and copypasting answers from SO/google until it works, not even changing variable names.

How do we provide the first and stop the latter? How do we stop scammy people for making money but still be there for potential junior devs on the rise? It's not trivial. Closing a platform altogether behind a barrier for every uneducated answer is a shitty solution, but it is a solution. What do you propose to fix this? How can we prevent pro devs wasting their time making the work of a bunch of lazy assholes?

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The switch was about 350 in 2017