EZ-Flash Omega RTC resetting

Nyannurs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, I've been having a lot of trouble getting my EZ-Flash Omega (non-DE) to start keeping track of time again. When I set the correct date and time in the menu, it'll reset back to 2000/01/01 00:00:00 every time I reboot the console. I cannot figure out why. I've tried every solution listed on the internet except for replacing the battery itself. I barely used this thing; there's no way the battery just drained itself out while the cartridge wasn't being used... Right?

I was hoping anyone here might have any leads on what else I could try. So far I've tried:

- setting the RTC to 2001/01/01 00:00:00 (as suggested in some obscure Reddit thread on r/flashcards)
- cleaning the pins with isopropyl alcohol
- setting the RTC to the correct date, then booting up a game that supports RTC and saving in it

I'm completely stumped at this point and have no idea what else to try. I've ordered a replacement battery after literal hours of searching for a tabbed variant of the CR1220, but after my order I read the listing in detail and found out that the battery has to be charged first before being installed, i.e. it comes without a charge. It was the only listing I could find for a tabbed CR1220 that ships to central Europe.

Grateful for any sort of help regarding this. Thank you.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I've been having a lot of trouble getting my EZ-Flash Omega (non-DE) to start keeping track of time again. When I set the correct date and time in the menu, it'll reset back to 2000/01/01 00:00:00 every time I reboot the console. I cannot figure out why. I've tried every solution listed on the internet except for replacing the battery itself. I barely used this thing; there's no way the battery just drained itself out while the cartridge wasn't being used... Right?

I was hoping anyone here might have any leads on what else I could try. So far I've tried:

- setting the RTC to 2001/01/01 00:00:00 (as suggested in some obscure Reddit thread on r/flashcards)
- cleaning the pins with isopropyl alcohol
- setting the RTC to the correct date, then booting up a game that supports RTC and saving in it

I'm completely stumped at this point and have no idea what else to try. I've ordered a replacement battery after literal hours of searching for a tabbed variant of the CR1220, but after my order I read the listing in detail and found out that the battery has to be charged first before being installed, i.e. it comes without a charge. It was the only listing I could find for a tabbed CR1220 that ships to central Europe.

Grateful for any sort of help regarding this. Thank you.
Replace the battery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/