Hacking EZ Flash Omega resetting DS Lite

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! Been a while since I was here. Been getting back into homebrew and the like.

Anyway, I recently got an EZ Flash Omega. Picked it not least in part because of the DS Lite shell it comes with. As such I'm using it with my DS Lite. Other then the RTC running slow, I haven't had any problems with it thus far.

However I'm not sure if I ran into an issue or not. While it's in my DS Lite, everything's fine, but if I insert it while the DS is on, the whole system restarts in GBA mode. Doesn't matter if it's just on the home menu or in a DS game.

I don't plan on doing that regularly, but is this normal behavior for the Omega? This doesn't happen with any normal GBA cart, just the Omega.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are not supposed to insert or remove a cart on any DS while it is on. The handful of pieces of homebrew only do it for dumping stuff and it is still not the suggested way as much as something that can work.

I believe it is a symptom of high current draw -- I once had a flash cart with a dodgy battery and when it had a battery it worked fine but when I removed it reset upon insertion.

But yeah nothing to worry about.

Reactions: BenRK

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone! Been a while since I was here. Been getting back into homebrew and the like.

Anyway, I recently got an EZ Flash Omega. Picked it not least in part because of the DS Lite shell it comes with. As such I'm using it with my DS Lite. Other then the RTC running slow, I haven't had any problems with it thus far.

However I'm not sure if I ran into an issue or not. While it's in my DS Lite, everything's fine, but if I insert it while the DS is on, the whole system restarts in GBA mode. Doesn't matter if it's just on the home menu or in a DS game.

I don't plan on doing that regularly, but is this normal behavior for the Omega? This doesn't happen with any normal GBA cart, just the Omega.
Normally the DS will not recognize a GBA cart that's inserted while the system is on. They're not designed to be hotswappable. DS carts however are (with some quirks) hotswappable.

Reactions: BenRK

BenRK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not planning on inserting and removing it while the system is on normally. I only found this out on accident.

In any case, if it's not something to worry about, then I won't worry about it. I can't imagine it's good for the DS Lite though, so it's not something I'm going to actively do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0