Hacking EZ-Flash omega clock too fast

Thomaz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Tried to search this online, but without much success. I just bought an EZ-Flash omega few weeks ago, and I just realized that the clock for RTC games goes too fast. Like 1 minute per day.
Is that normal?

Thanks

EZ-Flash2

Official EZ-FLASH Stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
China
We already know the problem, the clock crystal oscillator on the card will be affected by the use of the environment, some backlit mods use a circuit to boost the frequency, will affect the RTC when the console is turned on. The clock may stops running or running too fast.

Reactions: Thomaz

kiddejig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also noticed the time of my Omega was wrong by a couple of seconds after one day, and obviously more after a lot of days, but I wasn't that bothered because when I re-set my Omega to the correct time the Pokemon in-game time was fine again.

Also, a failing battery can cause the RTC to not run properly.

Last edited by kiddejig,

Thomaz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We already know the problem, the clock crystal oscillator on the card will be affected by the use of the environment, some backlit mods use a circuit to boost the frequency, will affect the RTC when the console is turned on. The clock may stops running or running too fast.

Interesting, my GBA uses the funny playing IPS module. That could be the cause?

skins4thewin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed this problem as well simply from months of time going by without use. The clock is simply inaccurate. The EZ Flash Omega probably uses a cheap inaccurate oscillator. Cheap parts were probably chosen to save on cost on manufacturing.

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the problem. Chinese parts don't exactly inspire confidence and tend to function inaccurately. This is likely one of the big differences in cost with an EZ Flash vs an authentic GBA Everdrive. Not trying to be hateful, just being honest. It's a great device but could probably use a better oscillator.

Last edited by skins4thewin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh