All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The Micro SD is exactly 2GB.

What brand/type is yours?

Mine's a SanDisk 2GB Mini SD.
and you used the formatter i gived you as well?

by the way, i forgot to mention, on formatter options select format full overwrite and adjustment ON

you can also try to update using the 1.75 update first... and after copying the file use the windows removal thing.. to make sure its correctly copied..
if the file is detected and you press R (and don't release it) you should see the update screen just after the game boy LOGO

Last edited by migles,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Black screen didn't appear. I opened it from the menu, showed EZPDA at the bottom of the screen for a split second, then went to a white screen. Should I transfer this to my EZ4 using the transfer tool?

I bought a Micro SD with a Mini SD adapter before I got just the Mini SD. When I put it in and started it up, it couldn't find the card at all.

Should I look into buying an EZ4 Micro SD from http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?PageNo=2&ProID=576? That's the same website I got my current one from.
It's the same internally, or it should be. As for the adapter, make sure you have a decent adapter, if nothing else you could solder it to the flashcart. Not sure what's going on with yours and why you can't update. Did you ever flash a custom kernel to it?

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and you used the formatter i gived you as well?

by the way, i forgot to mention, on formatter options select format full overwrite and adjustment ON
Yes, but I didn't turn adjustment on, so I'll reformat again.

you can also try to update using the 1.75 update first... and after copying the file use the windows removal thing.. to make sure its correctly copied..
I tried updating to 1.75 as well, but I bet you can guess what happened. And, I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "windows removal thing"?

make sure you have a decent adapter, if nothing else you could solder it to the flashcart. Not sure what's going on with yours and why you can't update. Did you ever flash a custom kernel to it?
I don't think my adapter is very good, but even if I buy a better one, I don't really want to solder it to the cart. And I haven't been able to flash any kernels to it ever since I got it.

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Yes, I've been using that every time.

I don't have a smaller one.

Also, I had such a difficult time finding a cheaply priced Mini SD. When I searched for a Transcend one, I only found Micro SDs with Mini SD adapters.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Thanks. Yes, I've been using that every time.

I don't have a smaller one.

Also, I had such a difficult time finding a cheaply priced Mini SD. When I searched for a Transcend one, I only found Micro SDs with Mini SD adapters.

i use one like that (micro with adapter)

some folks have better results with an adapter actually.. i don't actually believe the "only use a true mini sd card" thing... i have a mini sd, and a adapter for a micro sd, the micro sd cards had been giving me less issues than the mini sd one.. and the adapter probably is a cheap one because it came with the ez iv from china...

but its true that some people had issues with teh adapters... maybe i was lucky...

when i bought a transcend card from a chinese shop, i was pretty surprised it was legit and worked wonderfully with my card... i guess china likes china....
as for the mini sd card, i now have no use for it since the update made it stop working..

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think my adapter is very good, but even if I buy a better one, I don't really want to solder it to the cart. And I haven't been able to flash any kernels to it ever since I got it.
I wonder if you got a bad or a fake flashcart. I haven't heard of a fake EZ4 before, but I wouldn't consider it impossible.

SuperMew98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, TecXero! I can now properly flash large ROMs to the NOR and play them flawlessly! :yaysp: :toot:

If anyone is interested in how I got it to work, read the text below :teach::

What I did was I downloaded the newest firmware (1.77) from the EZ-Flash website.
Then I bought an 8GB Micro SD card from Walmart and used it in a Micro SD to Mini SD adapter I had purchased earlier.
I formatted the card as FAT32 using the Panasonic SD Formatter migles mentioned, and put the ez_fla.bin on the root of the card (it was the only file there).
Then I popped the card into my EZ-Flash, held R with one hand and crossed my fingers with the other.
After the Game Boy screen, I saw the wonderful updating screen! I kept holding R until the screen disappeared.
What happened next? It returned me to the GUI and it successfully replaced my old firmware with the new one!
Then I removed my card, put it back in my computer and put the games back on to it.
Once that was done, I put my card back into my EZ-Flash and played an 8MB game, just to see if the smaller ones still worked. Yep!
Now, here's the good stuff: I then copied a larger sized game to the NOR (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy, 32-something MB). Did it work? Yes, saving and all!

Thanks everyone for helping me out with this issue!

Cheers! :grog:

Last edited by SuperMew98,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-