EZ Flash IV miniSD not saving

poketech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old EZ flash IV I discovered as I was cleaning this weekend and I tested it to see if it still works. It appears the save function is no longer working. I read around and I saw the battery is used to write the save file. I'm assuming the battery is likely dead. How do I go about replacing the battery? The front of the flash cart is loose where I can partially pop it in and out of place, but it doesn't pop off entirely. Is it meant to pop off to replace the battery? Or do I need to unscrew the back?

Also I read in another thread "a workaround for a dead battery that works along similar lines but using a hard reset patch instead of the power cycle." How does this work? I try using the A+B+L+Up combination, but am just reset to the Darth Vader loader screen and when I bot the game back up there is no save. If it's relevant, it looks like the firmware the cartridge is on is [SD]V1.740.

Attachments

• IMG-5325.jpg
    IMG-5325.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG-5324.jpg
    IMG-5324.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: TotalJustice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Chang you have been warned!!! I will cancel my 20 dollar electronics order next month!!! lol