Hardware EZ Flash IV deleting save files?

Toasty

Queen
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I put some Mario GBA games on my EZ Flash IV via the EZFlashIV client software and suddenly I lost all the save data to my other games! The Mario games won't save either, there's a bunch of corrupt save files in the /saver/ folder that Windows won't let me delete. Is there any hope of getting my FFTA file back? :(The other games got erased too, but I'm much less concerned about those. I had over 200 hours on my FFTA file!

2ekry2e.jpg

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do an error check/check disk/scan disc on the miniSD.
That should sort the other files. If it brings FFTA back (it might come back as a different name) then great, otherwise consider it lost.

Interesting that it happened like this. GBA non nes platform Mario tends to want a 8:3 name (up to 8 characters for the name, 3 for the extension), which if you look there is what happened to the other files. However it previously it had kept to itself and did not mess everything else up, that it did it from the client is even odder,

What client were you using (download link/location if you would please).

Toasty

Queen
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
It didn't work, it changed some files on the memory card but I still can't delete them and they're still there just renamed. FFTA also didn't come back :(

I'm using EZ Client 1.03, not sure where I got it from as I've had this card for a while. Is there updated software for the card/EZ client that would be better to use? I'm gonna have to start FFTA over I guess but I don't want this to happen again. I guess I should have made backups of my files...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It didn't work, it changed some files on the memory card but I still can't delete them and they're still there just renamed. FFTA also didn't come back :(

I'm using EZ Client 1.03, not sure where I got it from as I've had this card for a while. Is there updated software for the card/EZ client that would be better to use? I'm gonna have to start FFTA over I guess but I don't want this to happen again. I guess I should have made backups of my files...
Try using file recovery software such as Recuva or GetDataBack to make a complete recovery of all the files on your SD card. Avoid using the card at all until you do this because each time you do, it may overwrite some of the data you want to recover making it unrecoverable.

Afterwards, format the card and put the files back on. Your SD card might be dying, so it's a good idea to switch to a different one or at least make frequent backups of your save files.

Toasty

Queen
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I decided to just start over and format the card and rename all my files to 8 characters only, and now the save file looks like this after testing out SMB3 Adv and SMW Adv:

2n04ppf.jpg

I just don't get it. SMB3 looks like it has a corrupt save despite naming it 8 characters, so I tried 7 with SMW because it looks like it includes the . Why are the files still 0kb? I want to make sure it's not saving corrupt files before I start a new game on FFTA, I don't want this to happen again. Also something interesting to note is I can still play my SMB3 file on the flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1