EZ Flash III [Help]

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are no homebrew writers, consistent sources for official writers or any means to write it via a DS with a DS flash cart or similar.
There is no physical reason why there could not be but nobody has bothered to figure out the protocols and such needed for it.

That said there are likely several out there with a writer that will buy it off you, especially if it is one of the larger models (for years it was just 1Gbit, right at the end there were 2,4 and 8 gigabit models made).

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a 2gb model. sorry for messaging you as well, i wasn't sure you were up or would reply so i wanted to see other opinions on this issue.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I prefer to use the forums for this sort of thing but that is mainly so someone else can find the answers given in the future, not like any harm done though.

If you can spare the money for a week or so while it comes to you and you turn it around you should not have any problem offloading it here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would not do much if you did. It and the littlewriter program only do the EZ1 really, don't know anybody that managed to get the EZ2 working much less the EZ3 which is quite different again.

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's also something called the Joey Joebags Gen 3 and it can write to flash carts as well. It can even rewrite those fake pokemon repro's or those 24 in 1 chinese carts.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
this guy made a cart reader compatible with gba and gbc game carts, he made 2 versions, one with an arduino another standalone, he even provides info to build your own...
https://www.insidegadgets.com/projects/gbcartread-gameboy-cart-reader/
i did purchased his GBxCart RW and currently expecting it to arrive..
maybe you could send him an email asking if he could look into it and maybe make his gbx card readers support writing to flashcarts..
he usually answers quickly and seems a cool guy, maybe he can be interested....

this guy has a writter compatible with some flashcarts, not ez flash though..., i did send him an email asking for info about is flashcarts and he never replied, not sure if he is dead... blog update was in april, maybe this is abandoned...
https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/reader-writer-gen2
but maybe you could also try asking him?

Last edited by migles,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am less familiar with that but I should say there are a whole bunch of styles of repro. One of those was EZ 3 in 1 (a different cart to the EZ3) which did have their protocols open sourced, hence all the programs and loaders which can handle it.

Reactions: Robert McCoy

Robert McCoy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this guy made a cart reader compatible with gba and gbc game carts, he made 2 versions, one with an arduino another standalone, he even provides info to build your own...
https://www.insidegadgets.com/projects/gbcartread-gameboy-cart-reader/
i did purchased his GBxCart RW and currently expecting it to arrive..
maybe you could send him an email asking if he could look into it and maybe make his gbx card readers support writing to flashcarts..
he usually answers quickly and seems a cool guy, maybe he can be interested....

this guy has a writter compatible with some flashcarts, not ez flash though..., i did send him an email asking for info about is flashcarts and he never replied, not sure if he is dead... blog update was in april, maybe this is abandoned...
https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/reader-writer-gen2
but maybe you could also try asking him?
Yeah that last one was the guy who made the Joey Joebags Gen 3 I was talking about. I messaged him on Facebook to see if he's still doing things. It looks like he's busy making backlight mods for GBC for people at the moment.

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone asked the EZ-Flash team if they would consider open sourcing the code for their old carts? I seem to recall they were considering open sourcing the EZ-Flash IV last year, but they decided to start supporting/selling it again so it never happened.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have spoken to Ben (BennVenn) a few times. I have the same issue with my EZ 2. Great cart, no way to write to it. The Joeybags will not work. He says he would need to write the code for it from scratch, and as you have noticed, he is quite busy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o