Hacking (extreme) Noob question. Can i transfer files wirelessly without bricking?

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just bought a PS3 (modded, or whatever the term is in english) and don't understand anything about the dos and don'ts. I bought online because it was cheaper, so yeah. Past owner won't help much.

From the little i saw here, transferring files wirelessly requires an internet connection... will that brick my console? I currently do not have any other option, before you suggest a USB or and external HD instead. I will try those options only if this one is not possible.

If you need to know any information, please tell me where to find it. I literally know nothing about it. The only reason I'm here asking for help is because the game I was promised the PS3 would come with is in japanese... guess the owner didn't care about the story or knowing what to do without trial and error.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It won't brick, but it will take a very long time

Plus disable auto sleep on the PS3. A 50gb odd game is going to take a day or 2

Last edited by yusuo,

guedesbrawl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you have a computer with an ethernet connector? If the computer is recent you likely could use a normal ethernet (rj45) cable to connect to the PS3. You might try this for transfer between windows and PS3 over ethernet (rj45).

http://wololo.net/2014/06/30/ps3-how-to-ftp-transfer-using-multiman-and-filezilla-by-raphaelligh/

I tried this, and it actually worked until near the end. I must shamefully admit to not have disabled the auto sleep because i could simply keep pressing the d-pad at random while watching TV, but an emergency had me forget all about it and leave it unchecked just enough for it to turn off and i lost all my progress.

I though "fine, i'll just try again", but it fails the transfer after 1 second.

Last edited by guedesbrawl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1