External drive for storing games

Welshgamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Peeps !! Right I have 2 PS3's 1 phat that I'm keeping stock and a slim that's running 4.88 Evilnat and I was wondering about storage..
1) What the biggest size internal drive can I put in my stock phat?
2) I got an external 4TB drive for a dirt cheap price, so thought that be great for my ps3 slim (not supper slim) But I read that you can only use a 2TB drive. But then I read maybe partition drive into 2x 2tb 1 fat32 and one ntfs ?? I use pkgj to download games and can I use that to download direct to external ? As I read something about certain games have trouble running from external drives..
Basically I'm looking for the best solution for extra storage.
Any help and suggestions very welcome.. Many thanks

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Peeps !! Right I have 2 PS3's 1 phat that I'm keeping stock and a slim that's running 4.88 Evilnat and I was wondering about storage..
1) What the biggest size internal drive can I put in my stock phat?
2) I got an external 4TB drive for a dirt cheap price, so thought that be great for my ps3 slim (not supper slim) But I read that you can only use a 2TB drive. But then I read maybe partition drive into 2x 2tb 1 fat32 and one ntfs ?? I use pkgj to download games and can I use that to download direct to external ? As I read something about certain games have trouble running from external drives..
Basically I'm looking for the best solution for extra storage.
Any help and suggestions very welcome.. Many thanks

Internally is 1TB

Reactions: Welshgamer101

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use up to 1.5tb internally, but it's hit and miss afaik. As for external hdd, I've heard it's possible to use more than 2tb hdds on one drive, but I do not use any external drives.

Reactions: Eveldee

Welshgamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question when I put a larger drive in the CFW 4.88 Evilnat on slim, can I use the standard backup in system settings, or can I just clone the drive with an adapter I got? As I seen Rebug could do it with the debug settings.. So just trying to find out for this.. Many thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't bother with games, but saves, yeah. do not use the internal backup utility. it might take like two days to backup and restore. slow and clumsy as fuck.

Welshgamer101

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wouldn't bother with games, but saves, yeah. do not use the internal backup utility. it might take like two days to backup and restore. slow and clumsy as fuck.
so what's the best way to back up then? as I really need to increase the disk in it.. Yeah I can download the games over again much quicker.. But is there a feature in the CFW for save back ups.. Also how is 4.89 coming along, As was thinking maybe update at same time.. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.